Underground Wallpaper Youtube Experiment – January Edition
CONTEST ENDS MIDNIGHT (GMT -6) ON 1/9/2010
POLL ENDS MIDNIGHT (GMT -6) ON 1/15/2010
FINAL VIDEO TO BE RELEASED THE FOLLOWING WEEK
1-4-09: Initial Edition.
I just thought of this idea today as I was eating dinner and chatting with my youtube partner over MSN (funny how the best ideas come out of IM chatting). Anyway, we were talking about videos and ideas and I just came up with an idea so great I just had to write about it.
So if you haven’t known, I have a new youtube account, and I am working with a fellow youtube friend who has similar interests as I do. We teamed up, and the new account is gamedexterity. You can see the work I have done on my part here.
In every single video that I do, I always change the wallpaper. Why? I figured a new video needs a new wallpaper to keep things interesting and spice things up. Now sometimes the wallpapers are related to the subject of the video, and sometimes the wallpaper has nothing to do with the video subject material at all.
Most of the time I like to do wallpapers in these categories: gaming, movies, abstract art, vector art, and misc “provocative” wallpapers. I can’t really explain what provocative is, because it will destroy the mystery of my taste. Let’s just say it makes you go “OMG, I can’t believe he has that kind of wallpaper!” :)
So with 2010 here, it is natural (just like every year) to start new ideas and trends. I bring to you the new Underground Wallpaper Youtube Experiment.
What is this experiment?
This is how it works, because I love community involvement. The last contest with the Underground banner was a blast, and if this experiment is successful, I will run this contest once a month!
1) Users are to leave a comment to this blog article with a link to a wallpaper. Wallpaper preferred resolution is 1280×720. Please get me a link to the closest resoultion as possible.
2) Images are not to be pornographic. Please use discretion. Your video will be observed by kids, teenagers, parents, adults, young, old, male and female.
3) Only one image submitted per unique commenter user name. Therefore, pick your BEST and FAVORITE wallpaper choice. If you can’t make up your mind, list all your wallpapers and I will PICK one wallpaper that I like and put it into the poll.
3) The contest will run for 5 days. This contents ends at midnight on Saturday, January 9th (GMT -6).
4) After contest is over, I will run a poll for all submitted images. Poll will run the following week, to end at midnight on Friday of that week (GMT -6).
The winning wallpaper will go into my next video. The wallpaper may be related to the subject theme of the next video, or it may not even relate. This is OK. I am just interested as to how this will turn out.
This wallpaper won the contest:
The video I just happened to be talking about is how to maintain and extend the life of your hard drive. Turtles and hard drives have NOTHING in common, but that is OK.
Why do this contest?
- It’s fun.
- Brings community involvement. Anybody can participate.
- The winner will have the joy of seeing THEIR submitted wallpaper featured in a video. Is that not cool?
- I love bringing joy to people. The video helps the general youtube audience, and the wallpaper is just an indirect way of me saying Thank You for all the readers of this blog.
Do you like this idea? Think the rules needs to be changed a little? Let me know! Time is wasting! Let’s see those wallpapers!