How To Play Modern Warfare 3 Spec Op and Survival Mode LAN Online
12-10-11: Initial release.
12-11-11: Added Text Tutorial, no screenshots.
1-22-12: Fixed links for 1.4 game patch, and added 1.3 launcher mediafire link.
3-31-12: Fixed all video links.
Thanks to Teknogods, loader 1.2 has been released and it allows you to play spec ops online without steam. This means you can use VPN programs, direct IP, or internal LAN for your spec op play fun.
For sake of time, please see the youtube video I did until I get a proper text tutorial written within the next few days.
- Install Modern Warfare 3.
- Download the following items:
- This is where instructions will slightly differ. If you are using a VPN program, then join the MW3 network. This can be in tunngle, hamachi, or whatever. If using direct IP or internal LAN, then go to step 4.
- Run the “TeknoMW3.exe”, click Settings, and setup your Name and FOV (field of view).
- Follow the instructions below depending if you are HOST or CLIENT:
- HOST: Select “I’m the host”, press “Start Game” and in-game press “Multiplayer”
- CLIENT: Enter the Host-IP, press “Start Game” and in-game press “Multiplayer”
- If you need an IP address, ask the Tunngle room, friends, or whatever method you are using of the other gamers.
- It is at this point that the HOST select the game options, and then start either one of the missions or survival mode.
- If there are game issues, ask the Tunngle room, hamachi room, or wherever you are playing.
What ports do I need to port forward?
- Answer: For teknogods loader, UDP 3074 and 29184. If using tunngle, port forward udp 11155.