DVD TO iPod/Zune/PSP/etc. FREE w/ Handbrake -Method 2
Hey everyone! It’s musicmasteria again and this is my first written tutorial here on The Underground! This post happens to be the second part of it and the first part will be coming soon after.
This is METHOD 2 and it is for when Method 1 for some reason doesn’t work for you. It is longer than method 1 but that is because it is a bit more detailed. Almost every step has a picture that goes along with it! (Better quality pictures available)
So ENJOY and keep checking the Blog for Method 1!!!
[EDIT: Method 1 can now be found here: https://versatile1.wordpress.com/2007/10/26/dvd-to-ipodzunepspetc-free-w-handbrake-method-1/ ~Musicmasteria]
Method 2 – Handbrake w/ DVD Decrypter (Copy Protected Movies)
Download Handbrake free from here: http://handbrake.m0k.org/?article=download, then install.
Download DVD Decrypter free from here: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/SetupDVDDecrypter_22.214.171.124.exe, then install.
1. Run DVD Decrypter (with DVD in disk drive)
You will get a screen like this:
2. Click “Mode” then “ISO”
You will see a screen like this but it will have different times and stuff:
3. Choose a file. You might see 2 files that are the same length. (On mine I have 3 pairs because I have 3 different clips I recorded on the disk) If so, choose the first occurrence.
4. Click the folder icon in the destination area and choose where you want to put the file.
5. Then press the go arrow to start decrypting.
6. Once it is finish you will see a message and hear a jingle.
(Optional) If you have multiple videos to get, repeat steps 4-6 for the other files.
7. After I did this I got 3 files for each video (I just did one of the clips I had recorded on my disk for this tutorial so I just have 3 files)
They were these:
8. Now open up Handbrake
9. Next to the first “Browse” button there are 2 choices. “Folder” and “File”
Select “File” (This is the opposite of the first method which uses “Folder”)
10. Click “Browse” in the “Source” area and find the file that ends in “.VOB” in the place where you made DVD Decrypter put the Decrypted files.
11. Select a destination file by clicking the second “Browse”. (Even though you can choose the file extension, it will record in .m4v format because it is preset to do that. To change that, follow step 12)
– Click “Show Presets”
– It will be on “Normal” but you can change it to what ever you want the output file to be. This is how you can change what the file format will be (.mp4, .m4v, etc.)
13. (optional) – If you want to encode more than one video in a row (Queue)
– So once you have everything set click “Add to Queue”
– Repeat steps 10-12 for each new video and click “Add to Queue” after each one
14. FINALLY, Click “Encode Video” and sit back and relax while Handbrake does the rest.
* Length of encoding is varied upon the length of each video
* DO NOT do anything else on your computer while it encodes
So now that you have the file on your computer, use what ever program you want to transfer it you your iPod/Zune/PSP/etc.
And now… YOU’RE DONE!
ENJOY YOUR FREE DVD TO iPod/Zune/PSP/etc. Program!!!