DVD TO iPod/Zune/PSP/etc. FREE w/ Handbrake -Method 1
Hey everyone, Musicmasteria again. Just like I promised in the last post of mine… here is METHOD 1 of how to put a DVD onto your iPod, Zune, PSP, etc. for free! The only program you will need for Method 1 is Handbrake! This is unlike method 2 which uses dvd decrypter as well. This method is a lot shorter and easier so you will love it! If you would like to have a .doc/.pdf (to be desided) version of both Method 1 and 2 together, I will update this later with a link to download it. In the mean time…
ENJOY THE DVD TO IPOD/ZUNE/PSP/ETC. TUTORIAL!!!
(Method 2 can be found here: https://versatile1.wordpress.com/2007/10/24/dvd-to-ipodzunepspetc-free-w-handbrake-method-2/)
Method 1 – Handbrake alone (Non-Copy Protected Movies, Most DVDs)
Download Handbrake free from here: http://handbrake.m0k.org/?article=download
1. Install handbrake, really simple, no registration
2. Run handbrake (with DVD in disk drive)
You will get a screen like this:
3. Click the “Browse” button in the “Source” area. Find the CD’s “Video_TS” folder, then click ok.
4. (optional)– If you have multiple movies on the disk you have to choose the one you want in the “Title” bar. Handbrake with automatically choose the longest one if you choose “Automatic”.-If you only want a certain range of chapter of the title, choose them in the “Chapters” bar.
5. Click the “Browse” button in the “Destination” area. Choose a name for the output file and where to put it, then press “Save”. (Even though you can choose the file extension, it will record in .m4v format because it is preset to do that. To change that, follow step 6)
6. (optional)– Click “Show Presets”– It will be on “Normal” but you can change it to what ever you want the output file to be. This is how you can change what the file format will be (.mp4, .m4v, etc.)
7. (optional) – If you want to encode more than one video in a row (Queue)– So once you have everything set click “Add to Queue”– Repeat steps 3-6 for each new video and click “Add to Queue” after each one
8. FINALLY, Click “Encode Video” and sit back and relax while Handbrake does the rest.
* Length of encoding is varied upon the length of each video
* DO NOT do anything else on your computer while it encodes
So now that you have the file on your computer, use what ever program you want to transfer it you your iPod/Zune/PSP/etc.
And now… YOU’RE DONE!
ENJOY YOUR FREE DVD TO iPod/Zune/PSP/etc. Program!!!
Note: If handbrake can not correctly encode the video and/or gives a file that doesn’t work, it probably means that the DVD has some kind of copy protection. This is easily bypassed with DVD Decrypter. The tutorial on how to use handbrake with dvd decrypter is already up and it is called “Method 2”. (A link can be found at the top of the post)