Thinking about cataloging all those dvds, cds, and all those other digital accessories? Don’t want to dig through the pile to find that perfect movie for the party? Well, this program could come in handy. In fact, it is probably one of the best cataloging programs I have found so far. Also, it won at least 10 awards. Here are some of the features it can do.
- Catalog any digital media (hard drives, folders, cds/dvds, etc.)
- A very nice search function (can search title, descriptions, cd #)
- Categorize/group/tag any of your media/files.
- Can also scan in the specifics (video properties, picture dimensions, ID3 Tags)
- Slap on album art/pictures to your files/folders
- Import/Export your collection
- Ability to export in multiple formats to show to your friends (Excel, Doc, html, etc)
- A whole lot of incredibly useful features that even I haven’t explored yet.
Yet, I also know the burden of scanning every single media into the catalog, but at least the program has the option to automatically eject one’s media once it is done scanning it. Of course that does not sound like much, but shaving those seconds can amount to minutes and possibly hours (depends on how big the collection is). Nonetheless, this program and the catalog files are very small and the program itself loads up very quickly.
For those who are constantly on the go and want to have their catalog program and their collections with them, there is a portable version lying around on the internet. Otherwise, one can buy this software from the site below.
Official Website: http://www.whereisit-soft.com/