[App] Foxit Reader
Just want to read that pdf file, but don’t want to wait for Adobe Acrobat Reader to load up? How about all those features that the typical user would never need or use in that program? Thankfully, there is a better program that is indeed 10x more tolerable than Acrobat Reader. Also, the best part is that it is free! Here are some of the advantages that the official website boasts about its product.
- Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is only 2.1 M which is a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size.
- Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
- Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
- Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
- High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users’ permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.
I’ve tested this nifty program myself and was thoroughly convinced that I will never go back to using Adobe Acrobat Reader. There are a bunch of other great features included in this program without bloating the installation size. Plus, one can also download new addons to the program (most of them are free of charge) in case that particular feature is missing.
Official Website: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/