[Health] How to Avoid a Cold in Winter
For many of us right now, it is the holiday season, and with that said, its going to be cold and winter like out there in the streets of snow and crowded shopping stores. It is very easy to get sick in the winter, and following these tips below, you can help reduce the chance of yourself getting sick too!
- Avoid touching your face with your hands. Cold viruses can easily enter your body through the eyes and nose.
- Speaking of hands, wash them. Frequently.
- Avoid people who are sick, is possible.
- Keep your surroundings clean. Cold viruses can live for up to three hours on the phone reciever or stair railing, so make sure you are wiping those down with disinfectant if a sick person has used them.
- Take your echinacea at the first sign of sickness.
- Get your vitamin C too — try drinking orange juice every day, for instance.
And if you’re the one with the cold? Be polite — cover your mouth when you sneeze and wash your hands often to prevent spreading the virus.