Get Warned When Your E-Mail is Hacked
Today, I was reading around and I found this great article about how to make sure your email has not been hacked. How would you ever know if someone did get into your mail? Personal information is being stored in those accounts and people are using their email space for personal data backups. How do you make sure you are safe?
Read it right here!
- 1. Sign up for a website hit counter at www.onestatfree.com. You can leave a fake name and whatever URL you want (I used Google.com for mine).
2. You will then receive a welcome email from OneStat with a text attachment called OneStatScript.txt. Download this attachment to your computer and then delete the email (you don’t want any email snoopers finding it later). But before deleting the email, write down your OneStat account number as you will need it later.
3. Change the name of the text document to something that will make the email snooper salivate such as passwordlist. Also change the file format from a text document to a website page. So make it something like passwordlist.htm .
4. Email this newly-renamed file as an attachment to the email account you want to monitor. Make sure the email subject title also lures the snooper in (maybe something like List of Passwords. You get the idea :).
5. The trap is now set. Basically if someone opens the email and opens the attachment, OneStat will record a hit. If you then log into your OneStat account say once a day, you will see how many hits you have had to your attachment.
The OneStat account page then gives you details on each “visitor” including the date and time they accessed the web document and more importantly their location and IP address!
So how does having this information help you? Well first of all, it will alert you to change your password to something stronger. Secondly, if you see the snooper’s location and you only know one or two people there then it narrows down your list of potential suspects.”
So, take a chance, and try it out!
Posted on February 18, 2008, in Advice, Hack and tagged email, Hack, hacked, help, mail, online, personal, storage, warned. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
This article is more benefit for me. Hope you post more benefit article in the future. ++