[How To] Play Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne LAN Online Free Using Tunngle (Forget Hamachi & Garena)
1-11-10: Initial release.
1-12-10: Added my youtube video.
Foreword: There is nothing illegal about playing Warcraft 3 LAN online bypassing the Battle.net servers. I have a legit game, and I play on Tunngle with friends time to time. If you are a Hamachi user, I suggest you switch to Tunngle. There are more people and its easier to host!
I love DOTA. I love it so much that I play it when I am sick of playing other games. With that said, someone had requested a Tunngle tutorial on how to play this game online, so here is the tutorial. If you want to play DOTA online with me and the others, add my Tunngle username: Versatile.
1) First of all, make sure you have the latest game update. You can get the latest Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne update here.
2) Download and install Tunngle. Make an account. Sign in. If you are having trouble signing into Tunngle, then you need to port forward UDP 11155 for your computer. Don’t know how to port forward? See my video below:
3) Go to the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne network. Or the Dota Network. To get there, you need to login to Tunngle. Then do Community -> Networks -> Browser -> Strategy -> Forward (Press 4 times) -> Double click on the Warcraft 3 network.
Below is a screenshot of me in the Tunngle room.
4) Launch your Warcraft 3 game. Go to Local Area Network.
5) Create a game.
Your friends will go to Local Area Network and they will see your server.
Once everyone has joined, click Start Game and play!
Having trouble with people joining your game? Make sure that:
1) You have port forward UDP 11155.
2) Windows Firewall (or similar firewall program) has not blocked your Warcraft 3 game from accessing the Internet.
3) Make sure your firewall has also allowed program tunngle.exe and tnglctrl.exe.
If there is anything else, sound off in comments!
Posted on January 11, 2010, in Gaming, Tunngle and tagged blizzard, free, Frozen Throne, Gaming, Garena, hamachi, how to, lan, online, Reign of Chaos, Tunngle, VPN, Warcraft 3. Bookmark the permalink. 34 Comments.
I could never get into Dota. I’ve tried, but there’s so much to learn ><. Maybe I'm just lazy…
Look what i found :O
Is it single player only?
No, it is online
Added Youtube video to post.
patches i used to patch up just a basic drap and drop just in case you got replays to watch
I have Windows 7 and Warcraft 3 not Work
Wrong. I host in Warcraft 3 and Windows 7 and Tunngle all the time.
Update your windows and warcraft to the latest patch
I use windows XP & tunngle version 184.108.40.206 but i still don’t see any list of players in the LAN option in NFS MW nor in Warcraft TFT v. 1.26a
even if rarely i do i’m not able to join the game nor are they able to join mine.
Are we sure someone is hosting when YOU want to play?
do you have to have a legit account to play this game for free?
No, you can play it online with eurobattle.net or tunngle or hamachi or garena or gameranger.
Can all you help me, How to combine skill up on the hero TINY to stronger ? please reply to me ! thank you ! 🙂
Go to dotastrategy.com for all the strategies.
heduulee bgaa ym
bi odoo dota haashaa orj ehelj mkulkh uu
chi yu yriad bgaa ym be
mededgui ym uu
Guys, just email each other, gosh.
sir, i want to know if i setup in server game n i login my account,
all my client also yg direct go playing on9 ??
i onwer of cybercafe..
hope u can respon to me
Yes use LAN.
i love dota
yea 1 like
heka mookarasi adiyos dota
Worked for me! Thanks a lot!
i cant patch my dota with the latest patch there is an error of Prepatch Error
i have dota 1.21 ,i tried patching 1.25 and 1.26a but same error in both cases
Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
This program patches Warcraft 3
Log created at 1:08 am on 08/21/2016
ERROR: unable to create file ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\BNUpdate.exe’
Access is denied.
RESULT: Prepatch failed
Update wc3 ft to latest version, then download latest dota map.
Pingback: How To Play Warcraft 3 Online With Hamachi | Waajoyka