[How To] Play Splinter Cell Conviction LAN Online Using Tunngle
5-12-10: Initial release.
I will keep this guide brief and short. You are here because you want to play Splinter Cell Conviction LAN online with your friends. This tutorial will cover the LAN method only. I will not cover the friend invite method.
Latest patch is 1.02:
Patch 1.02: Rapidshare
(Run the official 1.02 patch. Then copy all the skidrow items to the src/system folder. Make sure to type in a username in the “Skidrow.ini” and save it.)
1) Go to tunngle.net. Download and install tunngle. Register for an account.
2) Login to tunngle. Type ‘conviction’ in the search box and enter the splinter cell conviction room of your choosing.
3) Start the game.
4) Go to LAN and click on create game if you want to be host. If you are a client, click on a game in the server list and if everything works right you will be playing!
If you have issues hosting or connecting, please try the steps below:
1) Ensure that tunngle is number 1 in the network stack.
2) Make sure to port forward udp 11155 in the router. Although not required, it may help.
3) If you are using an antivirus software like NOD32 that has networking capabilities, disable it and try again.
4) I have seen cases where people have allowed Tunngle and Splinter Cell Conviction in the Windows Firewall and the game still does not broadcast. Disabling the firewall may help.
5) The worst case scenario is to turn on DMZ in the router for your specific IP address.
If you have any other tips, leave a comment.