How To Activate Windows 8 The Unofficial Way
11-22-12: Initial release.
12-23-12: It appears that the file I had used before doesn’t work. I found a new activator that works better. See the update at the bottom.
I was going to actually post this tomorrow, but I couldn’t wait that long to talk about the success I had today in trying to prove to my friends that nothing is impossible.
Before I talk about my story, I want to say that I own a legitimate copy of Windows 7, and I really don’t have any plans to go with Windows 8 (for numerous reasons I won’t state here).
Nonetheless, I wanted to demonstrate that yes, cracking Windows 8 registration is easy, and you could activate it on your own through other means. This article is simply for educational purposes. How you wish to proceed forward is up to you. I used it on my friend’s unactivated copy of legit Windows 8 as a test bed as I don’t have a copy of Windows 8 myself personally. So let’s begin!
1) Get a copy of Windows 8. If you are looking for a copy, this is the one I used purely as an example. Download the torrent file: here
1.a) If you got an ISO copy of Windows 8, please burn it using your favorite CD/DVD burning software. I used ImgBurn. See below screenshot for proof.
2) Now insert the disc into your PC, reboot, boot off the disc, and install accordingly.
3) Once you are at the desktop, go ahead and download the following activator to your desktop, and run it.
It will look like the screenshot below:
4) Click the button that says “Windows 8 Install/Uninstall”.
5) The next window will be this CMD prompt. Press “y” to continue, and let the wizard do its thing. At the end, you will need to reboot your machine. If all is well, your Windows 8 will be activated like the screenshot below.
Does Windows 8 Updates work? Yes, they do. Check it out below, as I was in process of downloading some updates:
So there you have it. The activator works, and life is good. Now go ahead and use this how you see fit into your life, or as random trivial knowledge. Next time someone says this is impossible, just point them to this blog article. Enjoy and happy holidays!
The activator shown previously may not work, as Windows Update my invalidate it. No worries, there is another activator you can use that works on my test machine.
You can find it here. Follow the instructions inside the zip file.