Category Archives: Emulators
Revisions: 12-03-09: Initial release.
12-21-09: Made the whole tutorial a bit more simple.
[1-25-2010] Added Versatile1’s FMCB and the DVD decrypter tutorials.
The SEGA genesis was a fourth generation gaming console, which became extremely popular all around the world in the early 90’s. This tutorial is about playing SEGA on your ps2 with an Emulator called PGEN, with the assistance of ULaunchELF.
You will need:
1) A ps2, slim or fat.
2) A Modchip or Swap magic and The ULaunchELF CD.
Watch Versatile1’s DVD decrypter Video Tutorial, for a better understanding on how to burn the ULaunchELF CD.
(OR) A memory card exploited with Free Mcboot, which has ULaunchELF installed on it.
Watch Versatile1’s ‘How to install Free Mcboot’ Video Tutorial
4) A USB flashdrive or a USB External HD.
5) PGEN Emulator.
This tutorial is dedicated to underground user Wolf13. Without his request, this tutorial would not have been written.
4-7-09: Added youtube videos for XP and Vista.
1-31-10: Removed youtube video links so I can redo them. Added a new screenshot to clarify putting the ROM into the roms folder.
I was looking at this other thread, where I showed the game ending for the Arcade classic X-men 4 players. I noticed a commentor asking how does one play this game on the computer, which made me create today’s tutorial.
Check out this super easy tutorial, that will have you playing any kind of MAME roms on your computer! Today’s tutorial will only outline how to play the classic X-Men 4 player rom on your computer, but go ahead and feel free to explore with other roms. Technically, you can expand this tutorial to go play SNES, NES, N64, and even Sega Genesis. If you really need that tutorial, please leave a comment so I know! Thanks!
1) You know how to use a computer.
1) Go to http://www.romnation.net They have a great selection for roms. To play MAME roms, you will need the emulator first. Get it here. Type in the verification code and download that emulator, it is about 7 MB.
2) Now you need a game. The X-Men Mame rom is located here.
3) Unzip your Mame emulator into its own folder on the desktop, or anywhere else you choose. Take the game you just downloaded from step 2, and proceed to cut and paste that entire archived file into the roms folder, located inside your Mame32v103. Then click on the Mame32 icon to launch the program.
Below is a screenshot of what the content of the roms folder looks like. I literally put the xmen.zip file into the roms folder.
4) Go to File -> Audit all games. This command will now search your roms folder and see what games are available. Press ok when the audit is complete, and now notice that you see X-Men is in the main menu. (click thumbnail to enlarge)
5) Double click the first line there for X-Men, and Zing! The game loads! Press tab to bring up the configuration menu. Go to “Input (for this game)” and there you can configure your controls. From the start, number 5 is your “Player 1 coin”, and left control, left alt, and spacebar are your action buttons. As usual, the arrow keys move your player around. Have fun!
Now get your ass in gear and play this old school game! Don’t stop there, I highly recommend getting the Simpsons arcade game too. Enjoy! – Versatile1 for the win.