Category Archives: Tips & Tricks
Everyone has their opinions about abortion; it’s a touchy subject. But nonetheless, it is a subject that most people would not like for others to get involved in, speaking of those that are going through with the procedure. If I were a female that was getting the procedure done, I’d already feel bad about it. I wouldn’t need any protesters there, telling me that abortion is bad. My day is a horrid one as it is without you screaming like a lunatic outside of the abortion clinic.
Read the rest of this entry
In the past 20 years, the internet has changed the common man’s life in more ways than previously imagined. Earlier restricted only for communications between Military Agencies and Research Organisations, today we see avid internet-users of all age-groups throughout the world. This exponential growth is in itself a testament to the success and popularity of the internet.
Recent years have seen a huge jump in terms of the amount of services accessible on the internet. We are also seeing a majority of companies reaching out to their customers through the internet. The internet has helped us achieve feats in many sectors which were earlier thought to be impossible. Who would have thought that you could talk to a friend sitting in another country at the touch of a button? Or packaging companies could deliver international parcels within the accuracy of the hour? Or socialize with our friends even without leaving the house? The list is endless. The internet is a tool for development – both personal and industrial.
The internet’s impact on a person’s life is not superficial. It affects the lifestyle and behavior of individuals to their very core. This can have both – a positive as well as negative impact on the users of the internet. I have tried my best to explain these impacts under the following points:
- Kids and Teenagers
- Internet access in every household has led to a surge in the number of kids and teenagers who use the internet. No longer do kids need their grandma to help them learn the alphabet or the numbers – they can do it on their own, at the touch of a button – not only do they see the alphabet, but pre-recorded voice even pronounces it for them. No longer do children need books with sketches on them – the internet is filled with interactive websites which respond to each touch of the user. I think that soon the internet would be a more popular way of teaching kids as it preserves the spirit of the book and combines it with interactivity of the web – animations, videos, links, etc.
- Internet is now an in-separable part of many teenager’s lives. Not only does it eliminate the need of encyclopedias or dictionaries, it enhances the education experience. Since we are looking at the impact of internet as a whole, it would be foolish not to talk about non-educational experiences. The internet acts as a socializing hub – sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, GMail, Hotmail are the new rage among teens. Emails have obliterated the letters. Waiting for a friend’s reply for a week is only heard in bedtime stories of our parents. Virtual “Walls” have replaced verbal communication. Instead of sitting with friends and marveling at old photographs, we now upload it on “FaceBook” and wait for the critics to comment on it, wait for the number of “likes” to increase. Not that this a bad thing – infact, throughout history many people have either opposed development or favored it. I fall in the latter category. But in trying to keep up with all the status updates, notifications, comments, tweets, emails and what-not, most children are wasting their constructive time on not-so-important-in-the-long-run activities.
What do you think? How has the internet affected you? Has it changed you in some way or the other? Tell me about it. Comment 🙂
PS. I’ll be adding more categories in different posts about how I think the internet has affected other sections of the population. This post marks my comeback to the Underground. *The Original iPhone Exploiter – Soon coming up with OS 4.0 unlock jailbreak for 2G (old/new), 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4*
When I first heard of Google Voice, I had NO clue what this was all about. Nada. I slowly found out information through the various postings online, then was finally moved to make an account. But then I started thinking. How useful can Google Voice really be for someone like me? Most people I know use a phone. Not an iPhone or an Android phone, but a regular phone. Some with unlimited texting, some without. What benefits are we (or just me) getting here? If I want to make a phone call, why would I ever want to make it through Google Voice if I could just dial away on my cell phone?
But then I found out that you could send free text messages. Hooray! That’s useful. But then I realized, it’s only free if its not forwarded to your mobile device. Ok, so I disabled my phone in the gVoice settings, but now what? I’m getting free texts, but only when I have wifi. So what else can I do with this thing? I don’t have a lot of phones that I want to sync with 1 number. I don’t get too many voicemails. Nor do I have a serious need to screen calls. And I don’t change my number, so this “universal” number isn’t a big deal.
But then I found something that would make this whole deal a little more worthwhile. Free calling from a computer. As a heavy computer user, making free calls from my computer would save a whole lot of time, plus it would allow me to keep my hands free off an actual phone. Can’t use bluetooth all the time, needs some recharging, plus my phones are never around when I need it.
1) Make a Google Voice account. Then head over to gizmo5.com and sign up for an account there.
2) After signing up for Gizmo, you can download the software if you so choose (I did, but you can make calls via a web browser.) Then go to my.gizmo5.com, go to the settings page, enter your gVoice number, and enable the gVoice setting.
3) Scroll down and copy your gizmo SIP number. You won’t need to ever use this number again, just copy it for now. Go back to voice.google.com and set up a new phone via the settings tab. Use the SIP number from gizmo and set the phone type to gizmo.
4) Follow the standard Google Voice procedures to enable the gizmo phone. I downloaded the software, so it was easy to use the num keypad to enter the confirmation number.
5) Now you can go to gizmocall.com to test your mic, or use the gizmo program itself.
Here’s how to place a call using the Gizmo program.
Start the Gizmo program, and log into it. Then go to the gVoice page. Place a call like normal, but use the Gizmo phone instead of your normal phone. The Gizmo program should then ring, pick up and follow the standard gVoice phone call procedure.
Do NOT place a call in the Gizmo program itself, you will be charged. Make all calls via the gVoice site. Also, any calls made to your gVoice number will ring your Gizmo program, so you can leave it open if you want to receive calls.
And that’s it! For support, contact us or go to Lifehacker.
How to Use Btaccel(Cloud Bitorrent Client) and Optimize Firefox to Get Over 1GB Speeds For Your Torrent Downloads!
*8/7/09- Initial release (more to come)
*8/14/09-stressed the fact that this great online bittorent client should only be used for legal downloads
Before this tutorial gets any deeper, I want to personally thank Hail for taking the time to write this tutorial, because I would have done it myself but I am so in love with Tunngle that I don’t have the time to work on this article. Btaccel is for legal downloads only. Freeware and shareware downloads are welcome. DO NOT USE this great sevice as a pirate of torrents. Since we don’t want this great online bitorrent client disappear cause of the few that abuse it. Thank you and respect our wishes. ~ Versatile
The Underground’s rating of this great btaccel online client is definetly a 10 out of 10
In this tutorial I will teach you how to use this great online bitorrent client called btaccel and how you can get your torrent download speeds up over 1gbs. Read ahead to learn how to never wait long again for the torrent you want…..
What is btaccel you say…
Btaccel is an online bitorrent client that downloads whatever torrent you want into their cloud servers much like a gmail account, which means that you can get a direct download once the torrent has been available. Getting a torrent this way is alot faster because you no longer have to worry about getting seeds for a connection, it just tells you when the download is available to you. Better yet btaccel will email you once your torrent is available for a direct download.
How do I sign up for btaccel?…
To use Btaccel all you need to do is register for an account(which is free) and login much like you would a normal email account. Go to http://www.btaccel.com and register for an account. Now you may have to wait for a couple days to get an confirmation email so just be patient. Then after using the confirmation email you’ll be able to login. To learn more and register for a btaccel account click the link> <Take me to btaccel.com>
Description: This post aims to describe a way to provide Email subscriptions (daily) for your sites/blog’s readers using Google FeedBurner. The site used is my Blogging buddy’s blog, SoccerMatch. He asked me for advice on this topic, so I decided to write this tutorial in parallel to setting up subscription service for his site.
Firstly, new bloggers or site-owners might need to know what is a “feed”. There are several kinds of popular feeds on the Internet today, namely RSS (most commonly translated as “Really Simple Syndication” but sometimes “Rich Site Summary”) and Atom. These provide postings and updatings information for a “feed reader” that which can interpret can show that data as site content to the subscriber. These feeds need specific “readers”, either desktop-based, e.g. the Windows Vista “Feed” sidebar widget, or online-based, like My Yahoo! or Google Reader. FeedBurner can convert those feeds into emails so that the subscribers need not use a feed reader. To set up a email feed, follow the steps mentioned below.
First, set up an account at FeedBurner, or you can log in with your Google Account since FeedBurner is a subservice that Google acquired in 2006. After you login, type in your blog/site home page (including the slash “/” at the end) in the box provided (see screenshot on the right).
Click Next and the “initial options page” is shown. You can type in your feed title (i.e. the title shown in every email update sent), and the feed address, which is added to the end of “http://feeds.feedburner.com/.”
In our example, I typed in “soccermatch”, so the full feed address will become http://feeds.feedburner.com/soccermatch. After you’ve finished, click next again.
Here you can do anything you want with your feed, but, as to make it simple, we’ll just set up a sidebar widget on the blog for feeds. Different blogging platforms will make different methods to install a link, but we need to get the code first. To do this, click “Publicize” on top of the page.
Then, click “Email Subscription” on the side of the page (see screenshot for link location). Click “Activate” on the next page.
Now you have your code in the next page! There are two options. You can choose to insert a form or a link to subscription page. Inserting a form causes some problems with some themes, so you’d better choose link (the latter option on the page). Now copy that code, and paste into a new HTML/Text widget in WordPress. If you don’t know how to do this, see this page.
For other sites, you just have to copy the code on any site template, it’ll automatically show up.
After you add your code and widget, a link to subscribe to your site/blog will appear in your sidebar. Click the link and a form will appear to allow readers to subscribe to your blog/site. There are also a lot of additional features that FeedBurner provides. You can investigate yourself, or check back later to see a new article about the features of FeedBurner. To see what the resulting email looks like, subscribe to your own blog!
All right. Spam is rogue and unauthorized email that lures you into providing personal and private information, such as your job, credit card number, ID number by making you believe that you are about to win something that you would like, e.g. a car, money, or a gift of some kind.
Yesterday, I received this spam email, and had to laugh at the falseness of it. However, some novices might be tricked, so that I am going to quote it here.
From The Desk Of Ben Coroma. The Head Of File Department,
African Development Bank (A.D.B).
Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso West Africa.
Forgive my indignation if this message comes to you as a surprise and may offend your personality for contacting you without your prior consent and writing through this channel.I got your contact from the proffesional data base found in the internet Yahoo tourist search.When i was searching for a foreign reliable partner.I assured of your capability and reliability to champion this business opportunity. After series of prayers/fasting.i was divinely directed to contact you among other names found in the data base Yahoo tourist search.I believe that God has a way of helping who is in need. I am (Ben Coroma,the Head of file Department in African development bank (ADB).
In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $15 million U.S.A dollars ( fifteen million U.S.A dollars) . In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with all his family in the Asia Earth Quake Disaster (TSUNAMI DISASTER IN INDONESIA/INDIA http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2004/tsunami.disaster/ .All of his Family lost there lives in the Disaster. Since then I have made several inquiries to his Country embassy to locate any of his client’s extended Relatives, this has proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died along side with him at the TSUNAMI DISASTER IN INDONESIA/INDIA leaving nobody behind for the claim. It is therefore upon this discovery that I and one official in my department now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we don’t want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill.
The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after five (5) years, the money will be transferred into the Bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner, and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner. We agree that 40% of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account,and 60% would be for me and my woman colleague. That means ($6 million) six million dollars for you,and ($9 million) nine million dollars for me and my partner.There after i will visit your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated.
All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us seeing this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. Please consider my official positions, reputation and integrity, especially, the opportunities in the business itself, it is very necessary that all due care be taken so that we do not miss the opportunity due to carelessness. You are therefore expected and advised to display high degree of maturity, responsibility and understanding in handling this information. I will give you all the details in my next mail when you have indicated your interest and commitment to work with me. Always remember that this is the highest confidence and trust any person can repose on the other, especially when it is considered that we did not know ourselves I hope you will honor me too. I will come over to join you in your Country for disbursement when the funds hit your account. More so for an effective and easy communication I will advice that you furnish me with your telephone and fax number.Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.
Ben Coroma. FROM (ADB) OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA-FASO. GOD BLESSINGS,PROTECTIONS AND GUIDIANCE TO YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY. (FILL THIS FORM BELLOW PLEASE AND RESEND IT TO ME). 1) Your Full Name……………………….. 2) Your Age………………………………… 3) Marital Status………………………….. 4) Your Cell Phone Number………….. 5) Your Fax Number………………….. 6) Your Country………………………….. 7) Your Occupation………………………. 8) Sex………………………………………… 9) Your Religion…………………………… 10) Your Private E-mail Adress……….. POST SCRITUM: You have to keep everything secret as to enable the transfer to move very smoothly in to the account you will prove to the bank. please write back with my private email adres email@example.com .
All right, that’s quite absurd, isn’t it? Well, in the financial crisis, my family could really make good use of $6 million, but of course I didn’t believe it. Here are some ways to spot spam email.
- Having “Urgent” or “Emergency” or something similar in the title.
- Not having your name in the email (a legal bank would really have to know your name to do a deal right?)
- Comes from an unknown host, however this does not happen in this case.
- Requires you to fill in personal information.
Share this Post
Let’s face it, a lot of us are using computers longer than we need to. Whether you are at work, or at home, staring at a bright screen all day long can be tiresome and annoying to your eyes. Ever been in a situation where it is 1am in the morning, and you know should sleep, but you don’t feel tired because you got “sunlight’ radiating from your monitor?
F.lux is a neat program that will adjust the brightness of your monitor according to the time of day. If it is early in the morning, the screen is super brite. As the day progresses, the LCD screen starts to tint a faint orange and the screen becomes more natural and soothing to the eyes. Check it out here.
Well, you know us. Actually, me, I’m the more obsessive one about free stuff. I mean, free stuff for doing almost nothing? That’s a profit! So I’ve done a LOT of “free” stuff places in the past few months. Last time, we talked about PrizeRebel. This time, I’ve got a place that’s EVEN EASIER than PrizeRebel. It’s so easy, I can’t even believe it.
Anyone using PrizeRebel knows that while you can get easy credits and quick prizes, the system sometimes does not credit their users properly. However, I’m not giving up on it; I got a $20 keyboard for free in 1 week, doing offers for 20 minutes a day. (Around 2 – 3 offers) Add RoboForm to that, and you’re golden.
But PrizeLive is something different. Here, you make cash that can be sent to you via PayPal or check. What you do is fill in quick offers, like submitting emails, zip codes, surveys, and others. You can even view sites for quick cash! Within 1 day, I earned $1.22, and I spent only 5 minutes. There’s even a monthly jackpot of around $300!
How to make quick money:
1) Sign up at PrizeLive.com. Please share the wealth, and sign up with my ref link. You don’t HAVE to, but it doesn’t hurt you, and it will help you if I decide to hold a contest in the future. So click here for my ref link.
2) When you sign in, go to the Offer List. There is a green button, it is pretty easy to find.
3) Find an offer which you want to do, read the instructions, click on the link (it will open a new tab), and complete EXACTLY what the instructions say to do. Afterwards, go back to PrizeLive and click submit under that offer to submit it for review.
4) CLEAR YOUR COOKIES. If you don’t do this, you won’t get as many offers accepted. Just do it, you will be grateful you did once more offers start creditting your account.
5) Complete offers from the LAST 30 COMPLETED or the 30 MOST POPULAR. Why? Well, these are the offers that are creditting the most. So, as a reason behind my insane logic, these offers are most likely to be creditted for you as well.
6) Play the game correctly, not hard. What I mean is, don’t do every single offer you see. You will probably not be credited at all. Do an offer, CLEAR THOSE COOKIES, wait for 5 to 10 minutes, and go do another one. It is also best to do only 8 to 10 offers a day. Why? Well, doing more offers means that it will take more time to credit each one from that day. If you do 100 offers in 1 day, chances are, few will credit. If you do 10, most of them will credit within a week.
7) Complete ALL Zip code offers. These offers credit VERY quickly, in around 10 minutes. Plus, they are easy to do and good credit.
8 ) Do TWO PTC (Pay to click) offers a day. It might seem like little pay off (1 cent isn’t much) BUT it gives you 2 jackpot entries a day for doing NOTHING. You don’t even have to wait at the page, just click it, let it load, and close it. And you don’t need to clear cookies until after you viewed both sites.
Note: Every offer that credits for you adds 1 entry to the jackpot. There are roughly 7000 to 8000 entries per month. Now, seems like a lot, but a 1% chance is REALLY good for you. Thus, doing 2 PTC a day will get you 2 entries a day, so around 60 entries a month. And every other offer you do gets you entries, so you can easily end with 100 entries or more. Again, play the game correctly, not hard.
9) Use a DIFFERENT EMAIL EACH TIME that you do a “submit email” offer. The companies want different emails in their system, not the same ones, so play the game and do it their way. They don’t want your same email again, they can’t spam you MORE anyway. Use Mailinator or FakeNameGenerator.com to get a random junk email, and use it once. Use a new one after clearing cookies and doing it again. EDIT: I was informed by the Administrator of PrizeLive that fake email addresses aren’t supposed to be used. First, they aren’t allowed technically (though reports have confirmed it working, but still). Second, advertisers don’t like it and are more likely to not credit you. So make a new account at gmail, hotmail, mail.com, etc. when you need something new.
10 ) Be diligent. Don’t give up. If something isn’t crediting, just wait it out and do other offers. Not everything will credit as it depends on the survey site accept you, and each site takes different amounts of time. If you don’t get the credit, the offer will be available next month for you to do again. Besides, it takes around 5 minutes total in your day to do 8 offers. You don’t have that much time? I bet you do!
11) Tell people to be your referral. They will get you extra cash, and if they too refer people, you will get even MORE cash. You get 10% of whatever tier 1 and tier 2 referrals make as an added bonus (don’t worry, they don’t lose 10%, you get an EXTRA 10% of what they make).
12) This is optional, but it helps you log in quickly after cookie clearing. Download and install the PrizeLive Toolbar. You get extra credits every 24 hours and hot links to the important parts of the site. It’s not bad, but you don’t need it to get cash.
12) Optional as well. You can own an offer. This will cost you some points (say 0.13 points) but the profits are pretty nice if you pick wisely. What owning an offer does: If anyone else on PrizeLive does the offer and is credited within the 5 days that you own the offer, you get 10% of that offers worth. If you pick the right offers, like things that reappear on the Top 30 constantly, you can reap big profits. And you can own 5 offers at a time!
Want more proof? My friend bought his Halloween costume using only money from PrizeLive. Another friend started 2 days ago, went all out, and earned $21 by being smart and playing the game correctly.
So hope along! I give this site a solid 10/10.
<a href=”http://www.prizelive.com/r/sonixmaster”><img src=”http://www.prizelive.com/banners/banner1.gif” border=”0″ /></a>
Ok, here is the much awaited iPhone unlock for Windows! This time, its not with the famous Pwnage Tool, developed by the iPhone dev Team, but we will use WinPwn. You can get WinPwn Here (Its a Rapidshare file from the official website, so no question of invalid or expiring links), the WinPwn has got a totally new GUI makeover, just like the Pwnage Tool and its easier than ever to use. Somethings which have have to keep in mind while updating are:
*UPDATE 6: Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you all that for unlocking your iPhone with 2.1 update, you will have to wait till Sunday, because I will add it to the V2!! And now for the sad part… I have decided to colse this post, i.e. there wont be any other updates here. Although, you can ask me for help down in the comments or mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*UPDATE 5: Here is the list of all IPSW files available for online download for iPod Touch and iPhone:
2.0.0 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
2.0.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
2.0.1 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
2.0.1 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
2.0.2 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
2.0.2 (3G): iPhone1,2_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw
2.1 (2G): iPhone1,1_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw
2.0.0: iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw (Must purchase through iTunes)
2.0.2: iPod Restore 2.0.2 (torrent) mirror: iPod Restore 2.0.2 (Torrent)
NOTE*: I will update this as new firmware versions come out of course 🙂
NOTE2*: All iPod Touch Software upgrades from iTunes are stored in: C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
*UPDATE 4: THE MUCH AWAITED QUICKPWN GUIDE IS COMING UP IN A 1 – 2 DAYS!!! KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR THE UPDATE!!!!
*UPDATE3: WinPwn 2.5 Beta 2 has been released, which provides the IPSW custom crash bug fixes, check out the completed guide below.
*UPDATE2: My WinPwn 2.5 is crashing each time I try to create an IPSW. So… please wait for sometime. Sorry for the inconvenience!
*UPDATE: iTouch Users: Right now, there is NO way to update to 2.0.1, as no SOFTWARE is available. The DEV Team has come up with a solution, but have not released it. CMW WinPwn is releasing WinPwn 2.5 on 2 PM EST on 29th August, i.e. Today. New Guide for iTouch users will come up by tomorrow or day after tomorrow, thanks for the patience!! Here is a pic of WinPwn 2.5:
– YOU MUST DO A FULL UNINSTALL OF WINPWN BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW VERSION.
– MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF iTunes.
– GET THE BOOTLOADER IMAGES: 3.9 and 4.6.
-GET THE PROPER IPSW RESTORE FILES HERE: 2G Restore Image(IPSW 2.0.1) and 3G Restore Image(IPSW 2.0.1).
– WinPwn 188.8.131.52 uses 300MB of RAM at peak due to IPSW being extracted in memory.
– You must first click browse and load an IPSW to use WinPwn (for newbies)
– If you see Failed to Load Image catalogue/payload catalogue, this is fine and wont cuase problems.
– If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install the Youtube Fix.
OK, Lets get started!
Step 1: Install winpwn, iTunes, and extract your restore images and bootloaders to your desktop. Note: if you have a previous copy of winpwn installed, uninstall it before installing the new one.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to your PC and load up winpwn. You will see this screen:
Step 3: Click “Browse .ipsw” button and select your firmware image(IPSW file) from your desktop. Note: winpwn will determine if you have an iPod, an iPhone 3g, or an iPhone 2g based off the firmware image you select and downloaded. So make sure you got the correct image(file). 2g and 3g iPhones have different firmwares!
Step 4: Now, click on “IPSW Builder”. You will get a screen with many tabs. First is the ‘Applications’ screen. Here you have three options: Cydia, Installer 2.0 and Youtube Activation click. Select Cydia (IT IS COMPULSORY!), then select the Youtube activation Fix ONLY IF YOU DONT HAVE A CONTRACT WITH A CARRIER CERTIFIED BY APPLE (LIKE AT&T IN THE USA, VODAFONE AND AIRTEL IN INDIA, ETC!!). Installer 2.0 is optional, I recommend right now that you don’t download it, because it has almost no apps. Here is how your screen will look like (almost):
Step 5: Click Advanced tab. This is a critical tab. If you have a contract carrier such as AT&T you do not need to unlock. So you must make sure everything is unchecked here. Again, if you have a contract carrier, select nothing here! If you do not have a contract carrier, you will need to use this to configure activation and unlocking. Check activate phone, Enable Baseband Update, Unlock Baseband, Autodelete Bootneuter.app. Click the two bootloader file buttons and browse for your 3.9 and 4.6 firmware we downloaded at the start of this guide. Your finished screen needs to look something like this:
Step 6: Now all you have to do is to click the “Build .ipsw” at the bottom of the window. Note: save your file to some place where you can find it (I saved it on the desktop). The default location is going to be hard to find. Winpwn will start the stuff and finally you will see the success box:
Step 7: Now, go to the main WinPwn screen and click on the “iPwner”. This will open a new dialog box, where you have to choose the ‘Custom IPSW’ which we last created in Step 5. Note: If you saved the Custom IPSW, (i.e. the one which we created in Step 5) in the same location in which you originally downloaded the 2.0.1 IPSW from the internet, then choose the ‘Custom IPSW’ and not the original IPSW:
Step 9: Get your phone into DFU mode. You cannot use any tools to do this. It must be hardware DFU mode only done by pressing the buttons on your device. Use this guide here for the steps. This works on every device so keep trying if you are having problems.
Step 10: While in DFU mode, open iTunes 7.7 (if already not opened), iTunes will recognize your iPhone in DFU mode (this may take a few mins (1-2) and then will prompt you to restore your iPhone. Press Shift and click on the Restore button. Choose the custom firmware IPSW we made. This will take about 10-15 minutes. You can either choose a new iPhone in restore or restore from a previously backed-up version.
Step 11: Congrats! You just upgraded!
UPGRADE TO 2.0.2
What all you will need:
1. IPSW files (242 MB each): 2G and 3G (choose 1 depending on which phone you have)
2. iTunes 7.7
3. Bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6 (Only for 2G Users)
4. Note that you have the latest .Net Framework!
5. Make sure that you have uninstalled all other versions of WinPwn and Downloaded WinPwn 2.5 here.
Step 1: Install WinPwn, get all the IPSW file, bootloader 3.9, bootloader 4.6 on the desktop. Attach your iPhone to the computer. Now load WinPwn. Choose the Default Mode and then select the device you have:
Step 2: After choosing your phone, you will be shown a new screen, which will have 3 options: 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2. As this guide is for 2.0.2, choose 2.0.2:
Step 3: Now you will be asked to answer some questions. First will be if you are with an official carrier (like AT&T in America, Vodafone and Airtel in India, etc.) If Yes, then click the thumbs up, if no, then click the Thumbs down:
Step 4: Next it will ask if you want to unlock the iPhone or not. Click Yes, i.e. Thumbs Up. Next it will ask if you want a custom restore/boot image. Say no, i.e. Thumbs Down. Then, WinPwn will automatically Start Searching for the IPSW file on your computer, and if it finds it, It will automatically start building the custom IPSW file, otherwise it will prompt you to browse for the file manually:
Step 5: Now you will be asked if you need help getting into DFU mode. There will be a helper in the app to get you there. Use this DFU guide here.
Step 5a: Turn off your phone. Hold power, slide to power off, and wait. When it is done, give the green thumbs up on this dialog:
Step 5c) Restore your phone in iTunes using the custom firmware you just made. Note, this firmware file is most likely in the “my documents” folder.
Step 6) Open iTunes, it will tell you that the iPhone is in DFU mode, and then Shift+Click on restore button. And go to my documents and select the Custom Firmware File. There you go, done 2.0.2 is on your iPhone!!!!