5-4-09: Initial release
Do you like to use freeware programs? Well, I do too and lately I am using Antivir Antivirus Personal, which is a freeware antivirus program. It works great, and is low on resource usage. The only real issue I have with it so far in the free version is that if you try to update, there is a pop up window that bugs you to buy teh full version.
Well, after some research, I figured out how to do it, and its pretty easy. Here are the steps below for Windows XP.
1. Start-> Control Panel
2. Administrative tools-> Local security policy
3. Click on Software Restriction Policy-> Action (at the top)-> Create New Restriction Policies
4. Right-click additional rules (on the right side)-> New Path Rule
5. Click Browse and navigate to C:\Program Files\(Avira)\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\ and double-click
6. Set the security level to Disallowed-> Apply-> OK
That is it! If you are using any other operating system, then go to this guide here.
Or better yet, if you want a video, I have that too!
Wasn’t that easy?
Share this Post