[Edit 6/28/08] UltraSurf – World’s Best Proxy Surfing Technology
[EDIT: 1/30/08 – We at The Underground strive to get you the best programs, information, etc. It has come to my attention that Ultra Surf is not working as well as it should. Anti-virus programs have now named it a Trojan and will not let you install it with the anti-virus on. Because this file is marked potentially dangerous, you are downloading it at your own risk. If you have already downloaded it, you may remove it if you wish. There hasn’t been any large complaints about it but for the security of your info, you may want to scan your computer, delete the ultra surf file (if necessary), and find an alternative proxy program (or wait for us to do the searching for you!).]
Addition: 3/7/08 – Download link for a newer version of Ultra Surf has been added
Addition: 6/6/08 – Removed Rapidshare links to not violate WordPress ToS.
Addition: 6/28/08- Added Direct Download Link From UltraReach/Wujie (UltraSurf’s Company)
So at one point we had a post telling you all a bunch of proxies that would let you access blocked sites at school, libraries, etc. Well we found that, actually, the blocking programs got a step ahead and even blocked those site so you couldn’t even get to the proxy page in the first place. Well guess what, here at The Underground we like being the one with the step ahead so I did a little searching for you all… and found this- UltraSurf!
Why does this work instead of the proxy web site?
- Because the web blocking programs block the sites but they can’t block a proxy program running on the computer itself.
- That’s right, this is a program, not a website.
- UltraSurf is the back door you are looking for!
Here is some info on UltraSurf:
“So what exactly it is??
It is the flagship software product from UltraReach Internet Corp. for Internet anti-censorship. It enables users inside countries with heavy Internet censorship to visit any public web sites in the world safely and freely. it enables users to browse any website freely just the same as using the regular IE browser while it automatically searches the highest speed proxy servers in the background.
What does it means??
- 100% freedom to have 100% information in most secure way.
- It means no matter where you are you can access 100% freeversion of internet I mean no firewalls no restriction nothing….
- Almost all schools, universities and corporate offices raise firewalls to filter out not work related sites, now those firewalls will be of no use or they have to change their plans.
- Everybody can access various social networks like Orkut, Youtube, Myspace, Hi5, Facebook, Linkedin etc. which are blocked almost in 99% schools and offices.
- 100% real time and it’s encryption is better then any online banking system.
How to get going??
It’s very simple you have to just-
- download an exe file [Download Below]
- then extract it
- and run
- Set proxy if u have any (generally in offices internet are provided through proxies, you can find that, through tools>>internet options>>Connections>>LAN Settings>> there you are with proxy server for your LAN and it’s port
- Just copy that to proxy settings of Ultrasurf.
- Then a window will pop up, says some thing in Chinese, just close this window
- And open fresh internet explorer
- There you are, you can surf any information.
- For office people: beware don’t spread words to your colleagues keep this info as limited as you can, coz if system people got to know about it then they’ll take your comp for scrutinizing.
What is the Flip Side??
I should start with a quote that I’ve learnt in my life
“Too much freedom can Make you or it can Break you”
The flip side is that you can access to anything, I think you got my point, In school, universities and Work office various sites are blocked to raise their efficiency and productivity, and it is very much likely that if anyone get freedom he/she will definitely try to miss use it.
So do you want this program now, or should I just give it to you later? Lol, like I guessed, you want to Now. Well fine I guess I can give you a couple of download links…
- Rapidshare: [download removed]
- NEW – VERSION 8: [download removed]
- Geocities: on request
- Other: on second request (shouldn’t need this but just in case)
- Direct Download Link From UltraReach/Wujie: DOWNLOAD
Please Use Rapidshare if you can because I’m gathering points for your downloads. THANK YOU!
OK so once downloaded, unzip it (if at school, put it on your student folder so it will go with you from computer to computer, just hide it a little) and run the program. It will open up a web browser and another small program window. You will also see a Lock in the bottom right corner of the screen (I don’t know how to get it off but it doesn’t really bother me). Minimize the small program window and surf away on the web browser!
Enjoy your surfing freedom! Use it wisely and try and keep it a secrete because the schools, libraries, etc. will eventually find out if enough people are using it. This thing would spread like good gossip!!!
Peer Guardian 2
Do you like to download torrents and have you ever wondered if people can track what you are downloading?
Well, heres the deal. Yes, you CAN be tracked. Just as well, companies can ping you can slow down your download speeds a LOT.
“PeerGuardian 2 is Phoenix Labs’ premier IP blocker for Windows. PeerGuardian 2 integrates support for multiple lists, list editing, automatic updates, and blocking all of IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, etc), making it the safest and easiest way to protect your privacy on P2P.” ~Phoenix Labs
PeerGuardian blocks these ips and helps keep your computer safe from prying eyes. Doing some research, we found a bit of information on PG2
“Peerguardian works by blocking ranges of IP’s which are known to be unsafe. Depending on what you see, either they are trying to make a connection to you or you are trying to make a connection to them. It protects in ranges of P2P (addresses not good for P2P since they are logged or they are RIAA/MPAA spy IP’s) and other such as Ads etc. It is usually them trying to get into your computer because you have something they want, or maybe you’re connecting to them to try and get something. But whatever is blocked, is best blocked just for safety sake. note that if you are using filesharing – it is allowing people to get in to get files (that’s the point of filesharing) or if you are viewing websites you are making physical connections to toher computers. Peerguardian displays SOCKET OPENS – meaning that a connection was attempted. I don’t believe they are cracking in unless you are doing nothing wile being attacked, and it is against most ISP’s rules – hence illegal. I don’t think the US Navy is trying to get into your computer as such – maybe one of their computers have been hacked and being used as a relay or an employee is using it to hack – or someone not them is using their IP range. Even people in these gov’t IP ranges have been caught sharing. And no, I don’t think they are doing it for evidence in this case, but say BT users or Kazaa or anything else users, it is them (dangerous RIAA) initiating a connection to you in a perfectly legal manner because that’s what the software does – let people in. ANd you agreed to it on installation. Better yet, it goes the other way too – you make a connection to them to try and download and ur caught red handed.” ~ CD Freaks Forum
Peer Guardian is really effective, but only as effective as the blocklists. if some IP gets onto the list and it’s NOT a bad IP, then Peer Guardian actually HINDERS you. But for the most part it works very well. This is most noticeable when trying to use specific P2P programs like LimeWire or Xfire. (xfire tends to send pings back and forth from its internal servers and gaming servers as well as people on your friends list. LimeWire is a similiar case but this time other people are trying to connect to you). Don’t try to game online while using PG, you will not be able to connect unless you unblock the correct ips.
So, where do you go to get peerguardian? And does it cost anything?
Well, its open source, hence FREE.
for downloads, go to: