Let’s face it. Dead Island is a hard game to play if you are by yourself. It is even more difficult if you are having a hard time trying to get people to join your game. Now when I was playing this game, I had to admit that I was getting bored by the time I got to chapter 2. Investing more than 25+ hours into a game when I have more important things to worry about in life is not a good use of my time right now.
So what did I do? I scoured the net and found a trainer that actually works! If you click the screenshot in the beginning of this thread post, you will see that I beat the entire game in about 8.5 hours!
How did I do that? Well, if you go to the link below, there is a website that has a trainer for both update 1 and update 2 of this game.
You can get the download link from the website here.
Now to get this working properly, you run the trainer first, and then you run the game. From there, you can press F1 through F8 to enable the cheats that you want. If you click the ABOUT button, you will get the English translation of what the functions are.
More importantly, if you hear an error like “OH NO”, then that means you are not doing it properly. You have to run the trainer first, and then the game. If you still get the error, then try updating the game to 1.1, and then 1.2 and then try the trainer again.
For more proof, see my video tutorial below:
9-11-11: Initial release.
9-11-14: Fixed pictures.
11-21-12: Fixed video link.
You are here because you want to learn how to use LAN online. Maybe you are using Tunngle, maybe its Hamachi, or something else. Whatever the case may be, this is how you do it.
Note: Get latest files from tunngle wiki!
Tunngle wiki here.
- Install tunngle. Get it at tunngle.net, download the latest version, make an account, register, and then login to tunngle. You want to then use the search bar in the top left hand corner, and type in “Dead Island”. From there you will see a list of rooms like the picture below:
- Now what you need to do is to get a copy of smart steam. Download and install Steam Client from steampowered.com.
- Download SmartSteamand extract it into your Steam folder. It will look like my screenshot below:
- Now download and install Update #3. Extract to Dead Island install folder. It will look like my screenshot below:
- Now run Smart Steam. Make sure to add Dead Island as a non-steam game.
- Run Dead Island game while inside one of the Tunngle rooms. You can set Internet mode to Coop or Internet in the game options.
- Make sure to play through Prologue first. Afterwards, press escape. You will see “Game Lobby”. See screenshot below:
- If all is well, you will see people hosting game like this:
- Join any game and have fun!