How To Backup PS4 Games On 5.05 Firmware Tutorial
6-16-18: Initial release.
So if you have been following my youtube channel recently, I’ve been having tons of fun with my PS4 system and the latest tutorial (linked below) shows you how to rip your PS4 games from disc and ultimately convert it into a fpkg file.
The rough outline is as follows:
- Run game once so it installs data to the internal hard drive.
- Run your favorite web exploit method, then run HEN and then run the Dumper payload.
- Run your game, and when it gets to the main menu, go back to XMB screen and let it sit there.
- Once the files are transferred over to the USB device, plug it into the computer.
- Using the Window programs listed in the tutorial, we make a .gp4 file and then from there build the .pkg file.
- Transfer or save the .pkg file to the usb drive and now plug it into the left usb port nearest the blu ray disc drive.
- Run the web exploit method again and run HEN.
- Now follow through and install the game through the package installer and profit!
See the video tutorial below for more details, and go to the youtube page for specific download links and additional tips and tricks: