Looking for something to download this X-mas season? What better way to get a choice than checking out the top 10 pirated games of 2008! According to Shacknews, the top 10 pirated games of 2008 is below.
- Spore / 1,700,000 / Sept. 2008
- The Sims 2 / 1,150,000 / Sept. 2004
- Assassins Creed / 1,070,000 / Nov. 2007
- Crysis / 940,000 / Nov. 2007
- Command & Conquer 3 / 860,000 / Mar. 2007
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare / 830,000 / Nov. 2007
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas / 740,000 / Jun. 2005
- Fallout 3 / 645,000 / Oct. 2008
- Far Cry 2 / 585,000 / Oct. 2008
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 / 470,000 / Oct. 2008
Now are you surprised that Spore tops the list? It had a lot of hype, and people were disgusted with the DRM protection on it. Of course people are going to get the pirated version of it. Hell, the only people that suffer in this escapade are the people who buy the game since they are stuck with the 3 limit acivation on Spore.
Now Pro Evolution Soccer 2009? Whatever. I didn’t think a soccer game could be that popular. Anyone remember the Fifa series? ;0
What do you think? What games have you tried off this list? Give us your short review of what you think is good to get this X-mas season. ;0
Fairly recently, EA have brought some of their bigger hits to the OS X operating system. A lot of these will need a very new computer to run them, but it’s nonetheless a breath of fresh air for us oft-marginalised Mac gamers.
The 6 games brought over are:
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
Need for Speed Carbon
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
A fairly decent selection, although they are apparently rather buggy and have very demanding specs. For more info check here.