GameDexterity Facebook Page!
Hey guys, the GameDexterity team has a facebook page. If you want to see it, check out the link below. Also, we need 25 likes to make it a full page, so please like us!
Internet – How it affects us.
In the past 20 years, the internet has changed the common man’s life in more ways than previously imagined. Earlier restricted only for communications between Military Agencies and Research Organisations, today we see avid internet-users of all age-groups throughout the world. This exponential growth is in itself a testament to the success and popularity of the internet.
Recent years have seen a huge jump in terms of the amount of services accessible on the internet. We are also seeing a majority of companies reaching out to their customers through the internet. The internet has helped us achieve feats in many sectors which were earlier thought to be impossible. Who would have thought that you could talk to a friend sitting in another country at the touch of a button? Or packaging companies could deliver international parcels within the accuracy of the hour? Or socialize with our friends even without leaving the house? The list is endless. The internet is a tool for development – both personal and industrial.
The internet’s impact on a person’s life is not superficial. It affects the lifestyle and behavior of individuals to their very core. This can have both – a positive as well as negative impact on the users of the internet. I have tried my best to explain these impacts under the following points:
- Kids and Teenagers
- Internet access in every household has led to a surge in the number of kids and teenagers who use the internet. No longer do kids need their grandma to help them learn the alphabet or the numbers – they can do it on their own, at the touch of a button – not only do they see the alphabet, but pre-recorded voice even pronounces it for them. No longer do children need books with sketches on them – the internet is filled with interactive websites which respond to each touch of the user. I think that soon the internet would be a more popular way of teaching kids as it preserves the spirit of the book and combines it with interactivity of the web – animations, videos, links, etc.
- Internet is now an in-separable part of many teenager’s lives. Not only does it eliminate the need of encyclopedias or dictionaries, it enhances the education experience. Since we are looking at the impact of internet as a whole, it would be foolish not to talk about non-educational experiences. The internet acts as a socializing hub – sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, GMail, Hotmail are the new rage among teens. Emails have obliterated the letters. Waiting for a friend’s reply for a week is only heard in bedtime stories of our parents. Virtual “Walls” have replaced verbal communication. Instead of sitting with friends and marveling at old photographs, we now upload it on “FaceBook” and wait for the critics to comment on it, wait for the number of “likes” to increase. Not that this a bad thing – infact, throughout history many people have either opposed development or favored it. I fall in the latter category. But in trying to keep up with all the status updates, notifications, comments, tweets, emails and what-not, most children are wasting their constructive time on not-so-important-in-the-long-run activities.
What do you think? How has the internet affected you? Has it changed you in some way or the other? Tell me about it. Comment 🙂
PS. I’ll be adding more categories in different posts about how I think the internet has affected other sections of the population. This post marks my comeback to the Underground. *The Original iPhone Exploiter – Soon coming up with OS 4.0 unlock jailbreak for 2G (old/new), 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4*
[Edit 6/28/08] UltraSurf – World’s Best Proxy Surfing Technology
[EDIT: 1/30/08 – We at The Underground strive to get you the best programs, information, etc. It has come to my attention that Ultra Surf is not working as well as it should. Anti-virus programs have now named it a Trojan and will not let you install it with the anti-virus on. Because this file is marked potentially dangerous, you are downloading it at your own risk. If you have already downloaded it, you may remove it if you wish. There hasn’t been any large complaints about it but for the security of your info, you may want to scan your computer, delete the ultra surf file (if necessary), and find an alternative proxy program (or wait for us to do the searching for you!).]
Addition: 3/7/08 – Download link for a newer version of Ultra Surf has been added
Addition: 6/6/08 – Removed Rapidshare links to not violate WordPress ToS.
Addition: 6/28/08- Added Direct Download Link From UltraReach/Wujie (UltraSurf’s Company)
So at one point we had a post telling you all a bunch of proxies that would let you access blocked sites at school, libraries, etc. Well we found that, actually, the blocking programs got a step ahead and even blocked those site so you couldn’t even get to the proxy page in the first place. Well guess what, here at The Underground we like being the one with the step ahead so I did a little searching for you all… and found this- UltraSurf!
Why does this work instead of the proxy web site?
- Because the web blocking programs block the sites but they can’t block a proxy program running on the computer itself.
- That’s right, this is a program, not a website.
- UltraSurf is the back door you are looking for!
Here is some info on UltraSurf:
“So what exactly it is??
It is the flagship software product from UltraReach Internet Corp. for Internet anti-censorship. It enables users inside countries with heavy Internet censorship to visit any public web sites in the world safely and freely. it enables users to browse any website freely just the same as using the regular IE browser while it automatically searches the highest speed proxy servers in the background.
What does it means??
- 100% freedom to have 100% information in most secure way.
- It means no matter where you are you can access 100% freeversion of internet I mean no firewalls no restriction nothing….
- Almost all schools, universities and corporate offices raise firewalls to filter out not work related sites, now those firewalls will be of no use or they have to change their plans.
- Everybody can access various social networks like Orkut, Youtube, Myspace, Hi5, Facebook, Linkedin etc. which are blocked almost in 99% schools and offices.
- 100% real time and it’s encryption is better then any online banking system.
How to get going??
It’s very simple you have to just-
- download an exe file [Download Below]
- then extract it
- and run
- Set proxy if u have any (generally in offices internet are provided through proxies, you can find that, through tools>>internet options>>Connections>>LAN Settings>> there you are with proxy server for your LAN and it’s port
- Just copy that to proxy settings of Ultrasurf.
- Then a window will pop up, says some thing in Chinese, just close this window
- And open fresh internet explorer
- There you are, you can surf any information.
- For office people: beware don’t spread words to your colleagues keep this info as limited as you can, coz if system people got to know about it then they’ll take your comp for scrutinizing.
What is the Flip Side??
I should start with a quote that I’ve learnt in my life
“Too much freedom can Make you or it can Break you”
The flip side is that you can access to anything, I think you got my point, In school, universities and Work office various sites are blocked to raise their efficiency and productivity, and it is very much likely that if anyone get freedom he/she will definitely try to miss use it.
So do you want this program now, or should I just give it to you later? Lol, like I guessed, you want to Now. Well fine I guess I can give you a couple of download links…
- Rapidshare: [download removed]
- NEW – VERSION 8: [download removed]
- Geocities: on request
- Other: on second request (shouldn’t need this but just in case)
- Direct Download Link From UltraReach/Wujie: DOWNLOAD
Please Use Rapidshare if you can because I’m gathering points for your downloads. THANK YOU!
OK so once downloaded, unzip it (if at school, put it on your student folder so it will go with you from computer to computer, just hide it a little) and run the program. It will open up a web browser and another small program window. You will also see a Lock in the bottom right corner of the screen (I don’t know how to get it off but it doesn’t really bother me). Minimize the small program window and surf away on the web browser!
Enjoy your surfing freedom! Use it wisely and try and keep it a secrete because the schools, libraries, etc. will eventually find out if enough people are using it. This thing would spread like good gossip!!!
Become an Internet Phenomenon with BlogTV
Ever wanted to become the next Star Wars Kid, or the next lonelygirl15? Well your moment has arrived!
I think this site has been around for a while (since 2001 I believe), but I personally just happened upon it a couple of days ago. With BlogTV [blogtv.com] you can broadcast your own streaming video feed, and for free! All you need is a webcam in order to achieve your 15 minutes of fame.
In addition to the main site, there is also a BlogTV Facebook application which allows anyone viewing your Facebook profile to tune in to your webcam show. This would be an interesting and useful way to hold meetings, or even conduct a video conference (assuming all participants had their own webcam, and were viewing everone else’s Facebook profile).
So what are you waiting for? Create an account, and become the next Internet phenomenon!
Let’s see some comments! Opinions, interesting uses, anything like that. A little community participation would be nice.