11-14-17: Initial Release
Just wanted to let you know that as a big RTS fan and a gamer of the Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void game, Blizzard now has base game of Starcraft 2 Free to Play!
Get more details at the link below, and if you want to add me to play online sometime, my battletag is Krogoth. Enjoy and have fun gaming!
4/17/17: Initial release.
If you haven’t heard, Nintendo discontinued the NES Classic! I was thinking of getting one for the longest time, and now it will be super hard because I am not going to fork over $200+ USD for 30 games!
Well, I have a raspberry pi 3, and I followed a few tutorials and within an hour, maybe less, I was running my own NES Classic version! For a preview of what I did, check out my video below, and in the near future I plan to do a full tutorial series on my youtube channel. Enjoy!
2-07-16: Initial release.
So earlier today I was checking out my Appy Gamer app, and Street Fighter V is coming out this month. As part of the Marketing promotion, Capcom made a Street Fighter V Live Dance performance where seeing is believing. Check out the video below and let us know what you think!
8-23-15: Initial release.
With the third game coming out this Winter, I thought it be fun to get back into Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and investigate the Starfriend method for the game. If you are not familiar with Starfriend, it is an emulator that originally came out for Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty that will allow you to play the game online via dedicated servers outside of Blizzard, or even let you play on your own hosted server online or through LAN!
For those that don’t know, the game does not support LAN so of course this is a major breakthrough!
I recently did a video tutorial on this topic, and I will summarize high level what is involved to get Starfriend to work with your copy of Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm. The main forum tutorial link will be at the bottom of this post as well.
High Level Tutorial Summary:
- Obtain the game and install. You can login to the Battle.net service, and download a free copy of the Starcraft 2 Starter Edition. If you do this method, make sure you login to the game once, and then log out back to the Desktop.
- Get Starfriend 1.x.
- Get map cache.
- Extract Starfriend anywhere on your computer.
- Extract the map cache contents into the root of your Starfriend folder.
- Run the Leatrix Latency Fix 1.23.
- Start the Starfriend emulator. From the GUI, you can host a server, or join a game that is either your friends/own server or an existing lobby on a dedicated server.
- When you login, the username is “email@example.com” without quotes, and the password is “gg” without quotes.
- The person who logins first will have a set of stars around the Username which resembles this is the host.
- Any person who logins afterwards will be just clients, and they will need for the host to invite them to play.
For more details and to get the files, see the video tutorial and the forum link below. Enjoy!
Forum Tutorial with files: Link
4-2-14: Initial release.
So some of my gaming friends had been asking me if there was a different private gaming torrent site that they could look into since their main preference (Blackcats-games.net) is constantly DDOS attack and is down.
After some research, I found GazelleGames.net which seems to be a similar site. Registrations are open right now, and I’ve applied and waiting for my registration key if they will accept me.
If you are part of this site, or similar ones, please let us know which ones and if they are taking open applicants! Thanks!
6-29-13: Initial release.
So unless you have been living under a rock for a long ass time, the OUYA Android console is finally out. It’s affordable at $99, and it comes with a wireless controller, and 8GB of internal memory.
The CEO has stated that the console is indeed hackable, but what does this really mean, only time will tell. It does have a number of emulator apps available already, so if you know where to get the roms, then you’ll have a good time playing old school games.
The more interesting thing is that the OUYA is basically an Android tablet or phone in disguise. Since those devices can be rooted, it will only be a matter of time before OUYA is also rooted? Wouldn’t that be interesting if there was a “black market” app that lets you play rooted games on the OUYA?
Well, let’s see what happens. I may get an OUYA one day, but when no idea as I’m still enjoying my Raspberry Pi immensely for time being.
If you got an OUYA, let us know what you think!
1-5-12: Initial release.
This past week I was randomly browsing the Internet doing some research for my own knowledge, and I came across a nice blog called Opentrackers.org, which is essentially a blog that has the latest news and updates about what private trackers has limited open registrations.
If you are not familiar with private trackers, it is essentially websites that have torrent files for a variety of things, but to get into these websites can be very hard. By this I mean you got to be invited.
if you don’t know anyone who is a member of these private sites, you can never get in…unless there is open registrations!
So to help ease the pain, this blog has a frequently updated list of open private trackers. If you are looking for one to get in and see what you can find, give it a try!
11-17-12: Initial release.
When I was growing up as a kid, one of the games I used to play all the time was Soldier of Fortune. At the time, the game was awesome because it was the first game of its kind to allow the user to shoot off limbs and body parts right off the body.
Want to blow off the arm? Go ahead. Maybe just a leg instead? Sure, go for it!
But now with modern machines, you may try to run the game, and it doesn’t work? It crashes? Well, I found a simple way to make the game work.
The steps are below:
1) Install game.
2) Install latest patch. Go to filefront.com to find latest files.
3) Now go into your Soldier of Fortune game folder. Make a copy of the SoF.exe and repaste it to make another copy. Rename the new file as mohaa.exe.
4) Now run the SoF.exe and play the game! Apparently, having the mohaa.exe for whatever reason allows the game to work. See screenshot below:
Hope that helps, enjoy!
10-31-12: Initial release.
Here is a very quick text tutorial of what you need to do in order to play Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition online using the tunngle program.
1) Install Need for Speed: Most Wanted
2) Download and Install Update 1.3
3) Go to your Game Installfolder and edit the “server.cfg” File
- Replace TRUST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with TRUST=255.255.255.255
- Replace TRUST_MATCH=%%bind(“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”) with TRUST_MATCH=%%bind(“YourTunngleIP”)
- Replace ADDR=%%bind(“188.8.131.52”) with ADDR=%%bind(“YourTunngleIP”)
4) Join the Need for Speed: Most Wanted Network
5) Start the Game
- As Client: Go to “LAN Play” and join any Match
- As Host: If you are inside the Mainmenu, then go back to the Desktop and disable your Internet Adapter. Go back to Game and create your Server under “LAN Play”. Re-enable your Internet Adapter and wait for Tunngle reconnect, then you have to wait for Players to join your Server.
That’s it! Have fun!