6-29-13: Initial release.
So unless you have been living under a rock for a long ass time, the OUYA Android console is finally out. It’s affordable at $99, and it comes with a wireless controller, and 8GB of internal memory.
The CEO has stated that the console is indeed hackable, but what does this really mean, only time will tell. It does have a number of emulator apps available already, so if you know where to get the roms, then you’ll have a good time playing old school games.
The more interesting thing is that the OUYA is basically an Android tablet or phone in disguise. Since those devices can be rooted, it will only be a matter of time before OUYA is also rooted? Wouldn’t that be interesting if there was a “black market” app that lets you play rooted games on the OUYA?
Well, let’s see what happens. I may get an OUYA one day, but when no idea as I’m still enjoying my Raspberry Pi immensely for time being.
If you got an OUYA, let us know what you think!
4-5-11: Initial Release.
Everybody knows that Valve is one of the top game developer’s of all time. When was the last time they made a bad game? Yea, that is what I said.
However, not everyone is thrilled about the Steam platform. Some see it as genius, and some see it as a necessary evil. Despite what people may think about the program, did you know that there is a devout underground forum of Steam enthusiasts willing to undermine the Steam platform?
Welcome to CS.RIN.RU.
I did it. After 17 hours on bittorrent, I now have Windows 7 beta 6801 installed in VMWare. It takes up 2.20 gigs of hard drive space, so not bad so far.
Above are screenshots of some of Windows 7. It really does look like Vista, but it has some new features like the “Aero Shake” and the Peeking. Please note that the “Peeking” feature is not part of this build, and that the new toolbar was enabeled through a hack. So far I am running the OS in VMware, and it works fine.
I may install it into a real parition and try it out for a couple days. Please note that this is not a stable version, so it should only be used for testing purposes.
Click anywhere to cancel
This month’s That’s GN: RFID edition will be one week early. Why? Because I have ants in my pants. This stuff is old, about 5 years, but it’s too good to wait for.
Just think of it – one of the fastest means of physical short distance transportation of a single object combined communication.
There isn’t much I can say, you have to see it to believe it. It’s not shocking, it’s not revolutionary, but it does pose some incredible theories if this is implemented “outside of the box.”
Here is a video showing what exactly DartMail is and does: [ DartMail ]
Unfortunately it’s not a how to, however there is plenty of information here: [ Phidgets ] on how to make and/or buy the materials necessary for this project.
Enjoy, I’ll be shooting people pictures myself quite soon!
God speed, and Best wishes.
Today, I was reading around and I found this great article about how to make sure your email has not been hacked. How would you ever know if someone did get into your mail? Personal information is being stored in those accounts and people are using their email space for personal data backups. How do you make sure you are safe?
Read it right here!
- 1. Sign up for a website hit counter at www.onestatfree.com. You can leave a fake name and whatever URL you want (I used Google.com for mine).
2. You will then receive a welcome email from OneStat with a text attachment called OneStatScript.txt. Download this attachment to your computer and then delete the email (you don’t want any email snoopers finding it later). But before deleting the email, write down your OneStat account number as you will need it later.
3. Change the name of the text document to something that will make the email snooper salivate such as passwordlist. Also change the file format from a text document to a website page. So make it something like passwordlist.htm .
4. Email this newly-renamed file as an attachment to the email account you want to monitor. Make sure the email subject title also lures the snooper in (maybe something like List of Passwords. You get the idea.
5. The trap is now set. Basically if someone opens the email and opens the attachment, OneStat will record a hit. If you then log into your OneStat account say once a day, you will see how many hits you have had to your attachment.
The OneStat account page then gives you details on each “visitor” including the date and time they accessed the web document and more importantly their location and IP address!
So how does having this information help you? Well first of all, it will alert you to change your password to something stronger. Secondly, if you see the snooper’s location and you only know one or two people there then it narrows down your list of potential suspects.”
So, take a chance, and try it out!
All credit goes to source. I take no credit, simply recreating the experience here to save you guys trouble.
Well its been only a day since the Mac OSX Leopard was released officially by Apple and the hackers have managed to create a patched DVD that everyone like you and me can use to install Leopard on PC’s without having to buy a Mac. Please note the tutorial that I am going to post is still experimental and things might not work the right way simply because it is still early days in hacking Leopard to work on PC’s. Well if you don’t mind your PC getting screwed then go ahead and try out this tutorial.
Make sure you backup all important data before you proceed. Here are the things that you will need before Install Leopard on your PC…
- The Patched DVD Image
- The zip file containing the patch
- One pen drive or USB Flash Drive formatted as FAT32
Well once you have all these you can go ahead and Install Leopard..
Step 1. Getting things ready
- Burn the DVD Image onto a Single Layer DVD-R using a software like Nero.
- Format the USB Flash Drive and the drive label should be “Patcher” without the quotes. Please note it has to be “Patcher” only and nothing else for the patch to work when we apply it later.
- Extract the Zip file and put its contents into the USB Flash Drive.
- Now your USB Drive should contain a folder called “files”, if it doesn’t then check to see where you have gone wrong.
Step 2. Installing Leopard
- Now that you have the Patched DVD with you, you can now install Leopard. Pop in the DVD into the drive and boot into it by pressing F12 at the BIOS Prompt.
- Boot into the DVD and the installer should now load. It take a while though, so be patient.
- Select your Language and make sure you select Customize and you need to deselect all the packages that are displayed.
- Leopard will now install. This can take a while, so go grab yourself a coffee.
- It will ask you to Reboot, so go ahead and Reboot. Before rebooting make sure that USB Flash Drive is connected to the PC.
Step 3. Patching Leopard
- Now that you have got Leopard installed, you need to patch it. Before we do that Boot into the Leopard DVD like the way you did before.
- Wait for the Darwin Bootloader to load. Once it loads up press F8. You should now see a prompt. Type -s and hit enter. The DVD will now load in Verbose mode. Watch for any errors. It should load without a problem because you have already installed Leopard.
- Once the setup is loaded select your Language. Once done you should now be seeing the Welcome Screen. Once there navigate to Utilities-Terminal.
- Once the terminal loads up, you now need to browse to your USB Drive, so follow the steps below, typing it exactly as it appears below in the Terminal. In the command line type the following as they appear here
Notice the space between cd and the 2 dots.
- Now its the time to run the patcher to make sure Leopard will work on your PC. Type the following into the Terminal. ./9a581PostPatch.sh
- The Patch should now run. You can answer Yes while removing the ACPUPowerManagement.kext
- After the Script is done, you should now be able to Boot into Leopard after you restart.
Step 4. Congratulations! You’ve done the Impossible!
Well that was it. Please note this has not been extensively tested, so most of your Hardware like Sound, Network may not work. If something goes wrong for you or you want to help us, then please join the discussion over at OSX86Scene. If you noticed I haven’t posted the links to the Torrent that contains the DVD image and the zip. Well I haven’t posted them because I am sure the lawyers over at Apple are going to sue the hell out of me. If you wondering where you can find them, then head over to Demonoid and search for it.
Well here are few screenshots by Mac.nub over at the forums who could get Leopard working on his system.
Some Updates and Clarifications :
- This Hack works on Intel PC’s with atleast SSE3
- You need to format your Leopard Partition to HFS+
- Make Sure you install Leopard on MBR and not GUID or it won’t boot.
- More Patched DVD’s from Uphuck, Netkas is in the works so it would be better if you wait for the polished releases to come out.
As of October 9, 2007, the Demonator has been down. This was caused by no one other than, my Dad. As bad as this sounds, it’s true. If anything changes, you all will be the first to find out.
On a brighter note, I would like to tell you all that I am the newest member of the Underground. I will mostly be posting on Peer to Peer topics. But occasionally, I will post other topics. If you have any P2P tutorials you would like to see, please leave a comment and I will post it as soon as I can. As of now, here is my schedule for the near future:
–What is P2p file sharing, and what are the different types
–Legality of P2P file sharing
–How to use torrents and what are the top sites
This as far as I have gotten so far. I will post as often as I can, but this is my senior year in high school, so I’m pretty busy.
Hi all, I just want to let you know that I have been keeping in touch with Justin, who is the creator of Demonator. If you don’t know, Demonator was a proxy site that let Canadians access Demonoid. Well, right now the website is down, and The Underground has exclusive information why it is down.
However, we feel that it is best for Justin himself to post the reason why it is down. The answer may surprise you. Expect clarification on the status of Demonator later throughout the day from Justin himself. Oh as a side note, Justin is the newest member of The Underground staff. His name will be Demonator. Go figure.
With the craze of the iPhone, it is no surprise that users are doing what they can to unlock the phone to use 3rd party applications, or to use the phone with carriers besides AT&T.
Did you know that in three days, Apple sold over 750,000 phones, which for Motorola took them a whole month to sell the Razor phones at the same quantity? Yes, iPhone is damn nice commodity these days.
Anyway, I found two great youtube videos that should have you unlocking your iPhone in no time. Enjoy!
Video tutorial part 1:
Video tutorial part 2: