Hey guys, today I uploaded a new tunngle tutorial video for the game Saints Row: The Third. Perhaps you heard of it?
If you are looking for some quick text instructions, see the Tunngle wiki link below that will be updated with new information over time. Otherwise, you can watch the video tutorial for a quick recap on what you got to do to play this game online.
9-11-11: Initial release.
9-11-14: Fixed pictures.
11-21-12: Fixed video link.
You are here because you want to learn how to use LAN online. Maybe you are using Tunngle, maybe its Hamachi, or something else. Whatever the case may be, this is how you do it.
Note: Get latest files from tunngle wiki!
Tunngle wiki here.
- Install tunngle. Get it at tunngle.net, download the latest version, make an account, register, and then login to tunngle. You want to then use the search bar in the top left hand corner, and type in “Dead Island”. From there you will see a list of rooms like the picture below:
- Now what you need to do is to get a copy of smart steam. Download and install Steam Client from steampowered.com.
- Download SmartSteamand extract it into your Steam folder. It will look like my screenshot below:
- Now download and install Update #3. Extract to Dead Island install folder. It will look like my screenshot below:
- Now run Smart Steam. Make sure to add Dead Island as a non-steam game.
- Run Dead Island game while inside one of the Tunngle rooms. You can set Internet mode to Coop or Internet in the game options.
- Make sure to play through Prologue first. Afterwards, press escape. You will see “Game Lobby”. See screenshot below:
- If all is well, you will see people hosting game like this:
- Join any game and have fun!
6-4-11: Initial release.
I love old school games, and nothing brings back more nostalgia for me than playing Grand Theft Auto 1. See the video tutorial below. In the more info section, I got a link to my portable version of the game, so you can download it and play online with Tunngle if you desire. Have fun!
2-19-11: Initial release.
Hey all, I was just browsing around online and my friend sent me a link to an article that shows how to play the leaked Crysis 2 online with your other friends. In this particular example, he is using Tunngle but you can easily use any other VPN program if you desire.
Please note that I do not condone piracy, and that I don’ have the leaked copy of Crysis 2 as I am waiting for the real game. For those that cannot wait, do as you wish. See the link below for the tutorial.
5-12-10: Initial release.
I will keep this guide brief and short. You are here because you want to play Splinter Cell Conviction LAN online with your friends. This tutorial will cover the LAN method only. I will not cover the friend invite method.
Latest patch is 1.02:
Patch 1.02: Rapidshare
(Run the official 1.02 patch. Then copy all the skidrow items to the src/system folder. Make sure to type in a username in the “Skidrow.ini” and save it.)
1) Go to tunngle.net. Download and install tunngle. Register for an account.
2) Login to tunngle. Type ‘conviction’ in the search box and enter the splinter cell conviction room of your choosing.
3) Start the game.
4) Go to LAN and click on create game if you want to be host. If you are a client, click on a game in the server list and if everything works right you will be playing!
If you have issues hosting or connecting, please try the steps below:
1) Ensure that tunngle is number 1 in the network stack.
2) Make sure to port forward udp 11155 in the router. Although not required, it may help.
3) If you are using an antivirus software like NOD32 that has networking capabilities, disable it and try again.
4) I have seen cases where people have allowed Tunngle and Splinter Cell Conviction in the Windows Firewall and the game still does not broadcast. Disabling the firewall may help.
5) The worst case scenario is to turn on DMZ in the router for your specific IP address.
If you have any other tips, leave a comment.
1-25-10: Initial release.
I was testing this game recently and discovered that by default when hosting a LAN game online using Tunngle, it likes to use your default IP address assigned by your router. An example would be 192.168.0.1. This is irritating because you want the game to recognize your Tunngle IP address. What to do?
1-21-10: Initial release.
This week I had a brutal week at work. Words cannot explain how stressful it has been the last couple of days. With that said, I though it would be cool to get back into some old school gaming, and what better game than Diablo 2? Even better, let’s play the Lords of Destruction version.
This weekend throughout Saturday and Sunday, I will be in and out of Tunngle playing this game. If you want to join me, by all means go ahead. Login to tunngle, and go to the Diablo 2 room under RPG. This should be fun. If successful, I wouldn’t mind hosting games like this every now and then. See you there!
Just make sure to update your game to latest version!
Download link to wallpaper here.
Everyone, I want to personally thank Seb for winning this months Youtube Wallpaper contest! It was tough deciding what video to put his wallpaper in, but the other day I re-recorded my Halo 2 tunngle video, which in sort is very special to me because Halo 2 I could not get to work in Hamachi at all, and it worked in Tunngle the first try.
Since then, I have become a devout Tunngle user. You can see this wallpaper in action in the video below. Stay tuned for next month’s contest!
1-11-10: Initial release.
1-12-10: Added my youtube video.
Foreword: There is nothing illegal about playing Warcraft 3 LAN online bypassing the Battle.net servers. I have a legit game, and I play on Tunngle with friends time to time. If you are a Hamachi user, I suggest you switch to Tunngle. There are more people and its easier to host!
I love DOTA. I love it so much that I play it when I am sick of playing other games. With that said, someone had requested a Tunngle tutorial on how to play this game online, so here is the tutorial. If you want to play DOTA online with me and the others, add my Tunngle username: Versatile.
1) First of all, make sure you have the latest game update. You can get the latest Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne update here.
2) Download and install Tunngle. Make an account. Sign in. If you are having trouble signing into Tunngle, then you need to port forward UDP 11155 for your computer. Don’t know how to port forward? See my video below:
3) Go to the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne network. Or the Dota Network. To get there, you need to login to Tunngle. Then do Community -> Networks -> Browser -> Strategy -> Forward (Press 4 times) -> Double click on the Warcraft 3 network.
12-30-09: Initial release.
1-12-10: Fixed links.
5-6-10: Updated links.
Foreword: Please go to the Red Alert network under the Tunngle program for some great 4vs4 action! – Versatile
Today from fellow tunngler (cousinehy) I found out that Red Alert 1 is free, and that the community created a special multiplayer release where it is UDP compatible!
What does this mean? It means that I can give you the download link to Red Alert 1, and play with other players easily in Tunngle, Hamachi, or wherever!
However, I know that Tunngle is the solution, and you should not be tempted to try Kali or Hamachi or the other programs because honestly they are not that good.
Below is the download link for the game:
-Singe player missions
– EA has announced C&C Red Alert 1 as a freeware.
– RA303UDP is not supported by Tunngle or EA.
– RA303UDP is just an installer that contains C&C Red Alert files.
– Trademarks belong to their respective owners.
– I nor does any Tunngler take credit for this.
Note: I am working with some Tunngle friends to get C&C Gold working and available for download as well. Stay tuned.