10-21-14: Initial release
So I’m a big fan of total annihilation and supreme commander, so it was up my alley when I heard Planetary Annihilation was going to have LAN.
In the latest update, it does have LAN! Yes!
So how do you do LAN? It’s pretty simple:
1) Start the game.
2) Under the game settings, turn on the local server. This only applies for x64 bit machines.
3) Go to multiplayer, host a game or join someone elses game. When you host, make sure the visibility is set to public to other gamers can find you.
Note: If two players have the same username, when you join a game, it will disconnect the host from the client, and the client becomes the new host.
In order to fix this, you want to change your username. If you have issues with this, see my quick mini tutorial below:
1) Download a mp fix here.
2) Extract it into your x64 folder in your main Planetary Annihilation folder.
3) Start the game. Click Single player, and type in a username and password. Don’t worry if it says login fail, its not crtical.
4) Now go to multiplayer, and your new name has taken effect. Tell all your other gamers to do the same to get a unique name, and now you can have fun!
5-31-14: Initial release.
Watch Dogs for PC was recently released, and since it is strictly a 64 bit game for Windows, you are going to have to do some extra work to get your PC USB game controller or a PS2 type controller to work properly with Watch Dogs. The basic outline of how this works is below. The download links are in the video description of the Youtube Video tutorial.
- Download latest copy of x360ce.
- Download the x64 binaries.
- Extract x360ce into the Watch Dogs main directory. Run it and configure your controller.
- Now exit the program, and copy over the x64 binaries.
- Run the game, and your game controller should be recognized.
Youtube Video: Click here for the main download links.
3-14-13: Initial release.
I love LAN games. I love to snipe people. What better way to do that then meld the two together and have a lot of good times?!
Click tunngle link below for the latest up to date instructions, and also my video tutorial!
2-13-13: Initial Release.
Aliens: Colonial Marines just came out, and the game is a lot of fun. I’ll cut to the chase, see the video tutorial below.
Or click here for the Tunngle text tutorial wiki.
11-17-12: Initial release.
When I was growing up as a kid, one of the games I used to play all the time was Soldier of Fortune. At the time, the game was awesome because it was the first game of its kind to allow the user to shoot off limbs and body parts right off the body.
Want to blow off the arm? Go ahead. Maybe just a leg instead? Sure, go for it!
But now with modern machines, you may try to run the game, and it doesn’t work? It crashes? Well, I found a simple way to make the game work.
The steps are below:
1) Install game.
2) Install latest patch. Go to filefront.com to find latest files.
3) Now go into your Soldier of Fortune game folder. Make a copy of the SoF.exe and repaste it to make another copy. Rename the new file as mohaa.exe.
4) Now run the SoF.exe and play the game! Apparently, having the mohaa.exe for whatever reason allows the game to work. See screenshot below:
Hope that helps, enjoy!
10-31-12: Initial release.
Here is a very quick text tutorial of what you need to do in order to play Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition online using the tunngle program.
1) Install Need for Speed: Most Wanted
2) Download and Install Update 1.3
3) Go to your Game Installfolder and edit the “server.cfg” File
- Replace TRUST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with TRUST=255.255.255.255
- Replace TRUST_MATCH=%%bind(“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”) with TRUST_MATCH=%%bind(“YourTunngleIP”)
- Replace ADDR=%%bind(“18.104.22.168”) with ADDR=%%bind(“YourTunngleIP”)
4) Join the Need for Speed: Most Wanted Network
5) Start the Game
- As Client: Go to “LAN Play” and join any Match
- As Host: If you are inside the Mainmenu, then go back to the Desktop and disable your Internet Adapter. Go back to Game and create your Server under “LAN Play”. Re-enable your Internet Adapter and wait for Tunngle reconnect, then you have to wait for Players to join your Server.
That’s it! Have fun!
2-26-12: Initial release.
So as a gamer that loves old school games, I grew up with the NES and SNES console. I have fond memories playing SNES with my friends, and still to this day, I still play SNES occasionally.
But what do you do if you want to play SNES on the PC, but you want the authentic feel of the SNES controller? Well, guess what? You can connect the original SNES controller to the PC if you have the appropriate USB adapter to connect to it.
If you go to Amazon.com, you can purchase a Mayflash USB adapter that allows you to connect two SNES controllers to your PC (or laptop type device). Once you purchase the adapter and with shipping, it will be approximately $10 or so.
Once you have the adapter, all you got to do is literally plug your SNES controller into it, and then plug in the USB to the PC. Afterwards, go ahead and configure your SNES controller with our favorite emulator (or equivalent PC game) and have fun!
See the Amazon link below if you want to purchase it, as well as a video tutorial.
12-10-11: Initial release.
12-11-11: Added Text Tutorial, no screenshots.
1-22-12: Fixed links for 1.4 game patch, and added 1.3 launcher mediafire link.
3-31-12: Fixed all video links.
11-21-13: Fixed links, added new video.
Thanks to Teknogods, loader 1.2 has been released and it allows you to play spec ops online without steam. This means you can use VPN programs, direct IP, or internal LAN for your spec op play fun.
For sake of time, please see the youtube video I did until I get a proper text tutorial written within the next few days.
- Install Modern Warfare 3.
- Download the following items:
- This is where instructions will slightly differ. If you are using a VPN program, then join the MW3 network. This can be in tunngle, hamachi, or whatever. If using direct IP or internal LAN, then go to step 4.
- Run the “TeknoMW3.exe”, click Settings, and setup your Name and FOV (field of view).
- Follow the instructions below depending if you are HOST or CLIENT:
- HOST: Select “I’m the host”, press “Start Game” and in-game press “Multiplayer”
- CLIENT: Enter the Host-IP, press “Start Game” and in-game press “Multiplayer”
- If you need an IP address, ask the Tunngle room, friends, or whatever method you are using of the other gamers.
- It is at this point that the HOST select the game options, and then start either one of the missions or survival mode.
- If there are game issues, ask the Tunngle room, hamachi room, or wherever you are playing.
What ports do I need to port forward?
- Answer: For teknogods loader, UDP 3074 and 29184. If using tunngle, port forward udp 11155.
9-11-11: Initial release.
9-11-14: Fixed pictures.
11-21-12: Fixed video link.
You are here because you want to learn how to use LAN online. Maybe you are using Tunngle, maybe its Hamachi, or something else. Whatever the case may be, this is how you do it.
Note: Get latest files from tunngle wiki!
Tunngle wiki here.
- Install tunngle. Get it at tunngle.net, download the latest version, make an account, register, and then login to tunngle. You want to then use the search bar in the top left hand corner, and type in “Dead Island”. From there you will see a list of rooms like the picture below:
- Now what you need to do is to get a copy of smart steam. Download and install Steam Client from steampowered.com.
- Download SmartSteamand extract it into your Steam folder. It will look like my screenshot below:
- Now download and install Update #3. Extract to Dead Island install folder. It will look like my screenshot below:
- Now run Smart Steam. Make sure to add Dead Island as a non-steam game.
- Run Dead Island game while inside one of the Tunngle rooms. You can set Internet mode to Coop or Internet in the game options.
- Make sure to play through Prologue first. Afterwards, press escape. You will see “Game Lobby”. See screenshot below:
- If all is well, you will see people hosting game like this:
- Join any game and have fun!