1-22-14: Initial Release.
For the past year or so, I’ve known a pretty dark secret about Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 for the the PC platform.
Using the ~14GB Call of Duty MW3 dedicated server tools, in addition to install respective game update patches and using the TeknoMW3 program, you can play online multiplayer for free, without buying the game.
In fact, if you use an older copy of TeknoMW3 (v184.108.40.206) with an older patch of the game, you can play single player campaign, as well as spec-ops LAN!
Why does the dedicated server tool have both the single player and all multiplery maps (minus DLC)? I have no idea. What I do know is that this same method worked with the FourlDeltaOne (who no longer exists).
So what’s left? Using TeknoMW3, you can continue to play online and have your good times.
Want to see the video tutorial proving this? See below. Enjoy!
2-5-12: Initial release.
2-12-12: Added TeknoMW3 2.5 link.
If you have been living under a rock for quite some time. Modern Warfare 3 has a dedicated server package. The problem? If you want to do this true offline LAN with your MP server, it cannot be done.
Alas, team Teknogods made a TeknoMW3 loader that will allow you to play MW3 MP LAN server online or offline, using your real LAN, or have other people connect to you via a VPN program. In the loader, it has both the spec op mode, as well as the multiplayer mode too available.
For sake of time, you can refer to my pastebin link below for all the details on how to update your game, and use the dedicated server package. Later in the week, I will update this article with screenshots and text instructions on how to get your MP Dedicated Server up and running in no time.
See link: Pastebin Text Tutorial
Downloads: TeknoMW3 2.5: Mediafire
See video tutorial below:
12-10-11: Initial release.
12-11-11: Added Text Tutorial, no screenshots.
1-22-12: Fixed links for 1.4 game patch, and added 1.3 launcher mediafire link.
3-31-12: Fixed all video links.
11-21-13: Fixed links, added new video.
Thanks to Teknogods, loader 1.2 has been released and it allows you to play spec ops online without steam. This means you can use VPN programs, direct IP, or internal LAN for your spec op play fun.
For sake of time, please see the youtube video I did until I get a proper text tutorial written within the next few days.
- Install Modern Warfare 3.
- Download the following items:
- This is where instructions will slightly differ. If you are using a VPN program, then join the MW3 network. This can be in tunngle, hamachi, or whatever. If using direct IP or internal LAN, then go to step 4.
- Run the “TeknoMW3.exe”, click Settings, and setup your Name and FOV (field of view).
- Follow the instructions below depending if you are HOST or CLIENT:
- HOST: Select “I’m the host”, press “Start Game” and in-game press “Multiplayer”
- CLIENT: Enter the Host-IP, press “Start Game” and in-game press “Multiplayer”
- If you need an IP address, ask the Tunngle room, friends, or whatever method you are using of the other gamers.
- It is at this point that the HOST select the game options, and then start either one of the missions or survival mode.
- If there are game issues, ask the Tunngle room, hamachi room, or wherever you are playing.
What ports do I need to port forward?
- Answer: For teknogods loader, UDP 3074 and 29184. If using tunngle, port forward udp 11155.