10-31-12: Initial release.
Here is a very quick text tutorial of what you need to do in order to play Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition online using the tunngle program.
1) Install Need for Speed: Most Wanted
2) Download and Install Update 1.3
3) Go to your Game Installfolder and edit the “server.cfg” File
- Replace TRUST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with TRUST=255.255.255.255
- Replace TRUST_MATCH=%%bind(“xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”) with TRUST_MATCH=%%bind(“YourTunngleIP”)
- Replace ADDR=%%bind(“188.8.131.52”) with ADDR=%%bind(“YourTunngleIP”)
4) Join the Need for Speed: Most Wanted Network
5) Start the Game
- As Client: Go to “LAN Play” and join any Match
- As Host: If you are inside the Mainmenu, then go back to the Desktop and disable your Internet Adapter. Go back to Game and create your Server under “LAN Play”. Re-enable your Internet Adapter and wait for Tunngle reconnect, then you have to wait for Players to join your Server.
That’s it! Have fun!
Revisions: 9-18-09: Initial release. 3-24-10: Fixed video link. 12-4-10: Fixed intro picture. 10-31-12: Fixed video tutorial link. 4-30-13: Fixed video link.
Foreword: This is simply a guide to show users how to get this game working and running online with the LAN play without hassle. This is not meant to encourage or facilitate piracy. This is merely a guide to help gamers like yourself play this fantastic game online. ~ Versatile
The “Need for Speed” series is an excellent racing series, and the Underground series really takes it up a notch. This guide will show you how to play Need for Speed Underground 2 online using Tunngle. However, the same methods will work with Hamachi so I will write the instructions for both below. I have written this because the guides existing on the Internet is sort of lousy, so I decided to make my own.
How to Play Online [Using Tunngle or Hamachi]
1) Update game to latest version. Go to www.filefront.com for the official patches. 2) Go to the need for speed folder and edit server.cfg with notepad. The contents will look like mine below:
# # The server sends a ping message to the client every PINGTIME seconds # and the client is expected to respond within PINGWAIT seconds or # the server considers the connection to be dead and the client is # logged out. # PINGTIME=20 PINGWAIT=30 # # A client can only be idle for TIMEIDLE minutes before it is # automatically logged out. Even if a client is not idle it can # only be connected for a maximum of TIMEMAXM minutes. # Either/Both values can be set to 0 to mean that the server will # not timeout the client. # TIMEIDLE=0 TIMEMAXM=0 # # Limits how many times per second the LAN server will service requests. # Lowering this number will increase game performance for slower computers # at the expense of sluggish response time from the server. Valid range is # 1-1000. # LAN_THROTTLE=30 ##———————————————————————— ## DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BELOW HERE ##———————————————————————— ACCOUNT=1 MASTER=1 SLAVE=1 REDIR=1 # # This line allows the server to determine on what interface to listen for # connections. It can be any publicly routable IP address (this is the case # even if the host is on a LAN that is isolated from the Internet). There is # no communication attempted with the IP address listed here. # ADDR=%%bind(“184.108.40.206”)
3) Now put a # sign in front of the last line so it looks like this:
4) Save the file and start the game! Host the game in hamachi or tunngle, and your friends will see it!