7 Web Tools for Web Developers
Well, we certainly hope that everyone is enjoying the Olympics thus far. We support Team USA of course.
Now, there are many web developers out there of all levels. Each developer uses their own tools. Of course, it’s always good to have a large number of tools in the chest. Here are some good tools any dev. should use.
2) Codetch Plugin for Firefox
This puppy is a must-have for users who want to edit code on the fly. This tool is like Dreamweaver except free. It loads extremely fast (I notice no lag time) and it can edit code permanently for any file on your server. This makes validation very simple since you can fix an error right away because the code changes permanently.
This tool is called Visual Editor Improved. It is friendly and easier to use than its original, Visual Editor (VI). VI and VIM are modal editors meaning that the same key can have more than one job depending on the mode you set. It isn’t that intuitive, but it is amazing with efficiency once you get used to it.
This program is sort of like VI in that it was (and is) more of a Unix/Linux program. However, this program is pretty beast with its custimazations. It has a powerful macro feature like Notepad++, can view and edit the file system, manage remote files, browse the web, check e-mail, and others. This program takes some getting used to. There is a simpler to use version called Xemacs out with standard menus and icons.
5) HTML Validator Plugin for Firefox
This simple plugin simply validates the XHTML on the current website with the W3 Validator. It lists each error with error messages, help on correcting said errors, and syntax highlighting of the error. It also has HTML Tidy to clean up your page.
6) Web Developer Toolbar for Firefox
This toolbar lets you validate your pages, edit pages (not permanently, but you can see what the change looks like), view your page in different sizes and resolutions, and get a speed report. This tool is pumped up with many different little settings to play with that will make any dev’s job easier.
7) Firebug Plugin for Firefox
This plugin lets you inspect you code, view code as an outline, and debug your code. It shows you what parts of your code are affected by lines earlier on. Changes you make are not permanent, but you can view results immediately after a refresh. It structures the code very nicely for ease of use.
Here are 7 non-IDE tool that anyone web dev should use to save money, space, memory on their pcs while speeding up their work.
Rockin’ Friday! – Two random music sites
Welcome to another edition of Rockin’ Friday! Haven’t got much time and I’m a bit tired, so I’ll just alert you of two music sites I discovered this week.
The first is a site called Unsigned Band Web, and basically it has a large database of unsigned music! So if you’re the dude that has to have the most underground music, and once it goes mainstream it sucks, then this is most likely the site for you.
The next is a site I talked about here called SpiralFrog, which allows you to LEGALLY download music FOR FREE. However, it is only for US and Canada, and you need an invite apparently. I tried to sign up, but it said my e-mail was not verified. If I ever get an account, I will IMMEDIATELY say so and offer some invites if at all possible, or if that’s how it works. However, still worth checking out. I mean, free music. Totally legal. What’s not to like?
So, for now, that is all. Here as an awesome video which is awesome (if you’re into the music)
Rock on! \m/
[Edit 6/28/08] UltraSurf – World’s Best Proxy Surfing Technology
[EDIT: 1/30/08 – We at The Underground strive to get you the best programs, information, etc. It has come to my attention that Ultra Surf is not working as well as it should. Anti-virus programs have now named it a Trojan and will not let you install it with the anti-virus on. Because this file is marked potentially dangerous, you are downloading it at your own risk. If you have already downloaded it, you may remove it if you wish. There hasn’t been any large complaints about it but for the security of your info, you may want to scan your computer, delete the ultra surf file (if necessary), and find an alternative proxy program (or wait for us to do the searching for you!).]
Addition: 3/7/08 – Download link for a newer version of Ultra Surf has been added
Addition: 6/6/08 – Removed Rapidshare links to not violate WordPress ToS.
Addition: 6/28/08- Added Direct Download Link From UltraReach/Wujie (UltraSurf’s Company)
So at one point we had a post telling you all a bunch of proxies that would let you access blocked sites at school, libraries, etc. Well we found that, actually, the blocking programs got a step ahead and even blocked those site so you couldn’t even get to the proxy page in the first place. Well guess what, here at The Underground we like being the one with the step ahead so I did a little searching for you all… and found this- UltraSurf!
Why does this work instead of the proxy web site?
- Because the web blocking programs block the sites but they can’t block a proxy program running on the computer itself.
- That’s right, this is a program, not a website.
- UltraSurf is the back door you are looking for!
Here is some info on UltraSurf:
“So what exactly it is??
It is the flagship software product from UltraReach Internet Corp. for Internet anti-censorship. It enables users inside countries with heavy Internet censorship to visit any public web sites in the world safely and freely. it enables users to browse any website freely just the same as using the regular IE browser while it automatically searches the highest speed proxy servers in the background.
What does it means??
- 100% freedom to have 100% information in most secure way.
- It means no matter where you are you can access 100% freeversion of internet I mean no firewalls no restriction nothing….
- Almost all schools, universities and corporate offices raise firewalls to filter out not work related sites, now those firewalls will be of no use or they have to change their plans.
- Everybody can access various social networks like Orkut, Youtube, Myspace, Hi5, Facebook, Linkedin etc. which are blocked almost in 99% schools and offices.
- 100% real time and it’s encryption is better then any online banking system.
How to get going??
It’s very simple you have to just-
- download an exe file [Download Below]
- then extract it
- and run
- Set proxy if u have any (generally in offices internet are provided through proxies, you can find that, through tools>>internet options>>Connections>>LAN Settings>> there you are with proxy server for your LAN and it’s port
- Just copy that to proxy settings of Ultrasurf.
- Then a window will pop up, says some thing in Chinese, just close this window
- And open fresh internet explorer
- There you are, you can surf any information.
- For office people: beware don’t spread words to your colleagues keep this info as limited as you can, coz if system people got to know about it then they’ll take your comp for scrutinizing.
What is the Flip Side??
I should start with a quote that I’ve learnt in my life
“Too much freedom can Make you or it can Break you”
The flip side is that you can access to anything, I think you got my point, In school, universities and Work office various sites are blocked to raise their efficiency and productivity, and it is very much likely that if anyone get freedom he/she will definitely try to miss use it.
So do you want this program now, or should I just give it to you later? Lol, like I guessed, you want to Now. Well fine I guess I can give you a couple of download links…
- Rapidshare: [download removed]
- NEW – VERSION 8: [download removed]
- Geocities: on request
- Other: on second request (shouldn’t need this but just in case)
- Direct Download Link From UltraReach/Wujie: DOWNLOAD
Please Use Rapidshare if you can because I’m gathering points for your downloads. THANK YOU!
OK so once downloaded, unzip it (if at school, put it on your student folder so it will go with you from computer to computer, just hide it a little) and run the program. It will open up a web browser and another small program window. You will also see a Lock in the bottom right corner of the screen (I don’t know how to get it off but it doesn’t really bother me). Minimize the small program window and surf away on the web browser!
Enjoy your surfing freedom! Use it wisely and try and keep it a secrete because the schools, libraries, etc. will eventually find out if enough people are using it. This thing would spread like good gossip!!!