7-31-09: Initial Release.
8-8-09: Added hamachi network to coordinate tunngle halo 2.
8-9-09: Added registry download so you don’t have to do it manually!
10-10-09: Added teknogods beta 12 link and changed instructions.
1-15-10: Here is the teknogods beta 14. Download.
1-16-10: Added clarifications to tutorial about F12. Added a download link for additional “help” files. Added halo 2 video finally.
1-31-10: Fixed tutorial to have teknogods beta 15 link.
3-18-10: Fixed dropbox links.
5-17-10: Added teknogods beta 16.
4-29-11: Made it more visible for the network dll download.
8-14-12: Fixed link.
11-9-12: Fixed link for teknogods.
11-9-15: Added new video tutorial using Windows 10.
Foreword: With the recent discovery of Tunngle, I wanted to experiment to see what other games I can get working. After spending 2 hours figuring out that Hamachi does not work at all with Halo 2, I went onto Tunngle. By the time all is said and done, about 5 hours of frustration with fellow gamers helped me get to the solution I present in the article. Enjoy! ~ Versatile
Let’s face it, Halo 2 for PC was a big deal back in the day. When Xbox users got Halo 2 for the Xbox, it made the Halo 1 PC users very jealous. Now it came for Vista, and guess what? It wasn’t even a hit! LOL!
In today’s tutorial, I show you how you can use Tunngle to play Halo 2 online with your friends.
6-9-09: Initial release
8-22-11: Added new disclaimer.
Disclaimer: The topics and ideas that are written below were just some of my insights that I myself have witnessed, as well as told to me by other male gamers. What I have stated does not mean that 100% of the male gaming population are douche bags. There are some docile male gamers out there, and then there are those that know how to respect girl gamers. Then there are those that don’t. This article was not written as real advice, as I am just a guy. I don’t have a degree in counseling or psychology, but I’m just telling it based upon my own male experiences. I could be wrong, or I could be right. What matters is that I have engaged you into a possible discussion, and that is all that matters. – Versatile
Are you a girl who plays games? Awesome, we need more gamers like yourself online since a majority of it is dominated by the male race. However, my advice to current and future game girls: Be careful of how you present yourself online. Let me explain below and why I am sick of the baggage that comes with game girls and them complaining once they start to get chewed out.
Pros of Game Girls
- Keep guys sharp. If you beat a guy, you can rub it in. A girl beat you! ROFL!
- New friendships. Guys who find out a gamer is a girl will act differently (for better or worse?)
- Playing with a girl is different than playing with guys all the time. Breaks up the tension.
- Can turn into a virtual gaming relationship?
- The sound of a girl makes some guys tremble to their knees. :0
Cons of Game Girls
- Some game girls are just frickin’ annoying. They talk and rant and talk some more about nothing, especially in Garena chat rooms (as an example).
- If a girl beats a guy, and they are mean, they will rub it in and hold it to you for life.
- Girls can be pissy and will rip on anyone who doesn’t follow their values/ideas.
- If a girl is harassed verbally or through online text, it causes a scene. More douchebag guys may take advantage of the event and start to participate in the online abuse.
- Girls may be treated different than male players solely for the fact the gamer is a girl and nothing else.
- Guys behave differently when playing with a girl? Cramps the guy style possibly?
- Some game girls really suck at playing the game. Then when they die, they blame it on themselves because they are a girl, or when it comes to games, it is expected the weakest player is the girl.
- Some game girls are not hardcore enough, and are so casual in their game playing that they are unreliable game players.
Advice for the new and current Game Girls
If you are a girl, and you are going to be playing online, please do not pick a name that somehow implies you are a girl! Why?
First of all, see the con list above. The fact that guys know you are a girl can change the dynamics of the game. Male players may not give their best, or if they do, they will try to outdo you in everything simply because they do not want their gaming ego to be hurt by a girl.
Secondly, do not pick a name that is girlish. A name like airgirl111 or SexyJessica is going to bring insult. Male players are going to make jokes and say you are a guy with a girl name. You may proceed to defend yourself and somehow prove to the others that you truly are a girl. Using a microphone makes it easy, but for those who do not have mics, it may not be easy in the end to prove you are a girl if that is important to you.
Thirdly, being a girl and letting others know is going to bring harassment in one way or another. Do not be surprised if guys start making sexual comments or jokes around you. When I am in these chat rooms reading it, I take pity on both the game girl as well as the people who partake in the activity. What is even more sad is that sometimes the game girl provokes others and encourages the “rough” behavior!
I don’t get it. Some people just want to throw sophistication out the window. If you are going to pick a new identity online, you can’t go wrong with a neutral name like Iknowtx3000sux, Peppers, Lightbulb, Hammer, RemoteControl, Screwdriver, HousePet, Drill, NonTool, and AfricanPancakes (actually people might think you are African so scratch that). Well, you get the point.
If you are a girl, and one day start bitching about how people treat you, then I advise you take a hard look at how you act online. Do you provoke others? Encourage rude behavior? Game name is girl like? Well, that is your fault and shame on you.
However, there are other game girls out there that are perfectly fine and people don’t harass. These girls are nice players, and although some of them have “girly” names, they at least act in a respectable manner like for example names like britney, xbladex, or ziggi.
What do you think? Am I off base? If you are a girl gamer, tell me what you think. I am interested in what you got to say!
Share this Post
5-6-09: Initial update.
5-7-09: Added pictures, and additional formatting to the article.
Did you know that you can run a virtual machine, such that you can run say Windows XP inside of Windows XP? Not ready to install Linux on a separate partition and go dual boot? No problem! Install it in VirtualBox!
VirtualBox is an open source, and freeware application that lets the user to do virtual machines easily and painlessly. This is great if you are a developer and want to develop programs for other operating systems, or perhaps testing a program you are not willing to install on your main HOST operating system.
Since the virtual machine is independent of the HOST operating system, you will be able to transport the virtual machine easily from one PC to the next thanks to the portable hard drive system.
First of all, you need to download VirtualBox. You can get it from their website at www.virtualbox.org
Once you have downloaded the appropriate version for Windows, you can install it, as shown in the following screenshots below:
Click next, and you will get to the screen as shown below:
Make sure to have both VirtualBox USB Support enabled as well as the VirtualBox Networking so you can use the usb and networking within your virtual machine.
Once again, thanks to Mr. Briggs over at BBSpot. ~Voltaire
Names – Linux, for reasons I’d rather not get into, I always think of eunuchs when I hear the word Linux. I think it would’ve been better if Linus’ brother Malcom would’ve developed the OS. Then at least it would’ve been funny – Malcomix. Windows 2000 makes me think “Wow, that Windows movie had a lot of sequels,” or “Gee, better get that product namer a Pulitzer for originality.” While neither rivals TRSDOS, I begrudgingly have to give this one to Microsoft.
Advantage – Windows 2000
Domain Names – Windows2000.com redirects you to a Windows 2000 product page on the Microsoft site. I’m not sure I’d trust my mission critical apps to a company that can’t even afford to give its flagship OS its own domain name. Linux.com on the other hand avoids the Microsoftian subterfuge and is just what it says. It’s a nice looking site with lots of good information. But wait a minute let’s take a look at the other side of the issue. Windows2000sucks.com is a pretty sad “sucks” site, Microsoft can’t even do that right. It doesn’t even look functional. Linuxsucks.com is another great Linux site.
Advantage – Linux
Mascots – The Linux mascot is Tux the penguin. A cute little fellow, but very vulnerable to killer whales. Now a orca, that would be a cool mascot, but I guess Sea World already has that. Windows 2000 doesn’t really have a mascot unless you call that flying multi-colored window a mascot. It might get a little bloody on some broken shards of glass, but I think even a penguin could destroy a pansy window.
Advantage – Linux
Search Engines – A search for “Linux is great” on Google yields 1,080,000 results. A search for “Windows 2000 is Great” yields 1,050,000. An apparent victory for Linux. Not so fast. A search for “Linux Sucks” yields 114,000 results, and a search for “Windows 2000 Sucks” gets 66,700. Why do I envision Microsoft engineers setting up thousands of web pages with just “Linux Sucks” on them so they could win this round. While not being so great, it just doesn’t suck as much.
Advantage: Windows 2000
Magic Eight Ball – I decided that I needed an unbiased opinion on which is better. What’s more unbiased than a Magic 8 Ball? I asked the Magic 8 Ball – “Is Windows 2000 better than Linux?” The response: “MY SOURCES SAY NO” That’s pretty clear. Just to be sure I rephrased the question. “Is Linux better than Windows 2000?” The response “AS I SEE IT YES”. Good to see that the Magic 8 Ball hasn’t succumbed to the Microsoft Propaganda Machine.
Advantage – Linux
Fuck Test – Fuck Linux! No doesn’t sound right. Fuck Microsoft! Ooh yeah, just right baby.
Advantage – Linux.
Final Score: Linux 4 – Windows 2000 2.
It doesn’t get any clearer than that. Linux is two times better than Windows 2000. Therefore I am proud to award Linux the BBspot Technical Excellence Award.
This media player is surprisingly very user-friendly and feature-rich for its very small installation size. Also, this player boasts for leaving the smallest footprint on the computer processes. Possibly the main highlight of this player is its intuitiveness to find and install the right codec if the existing codecs do not support that particular file. Another benefit of this player is the fact that it can also act as a media center and as a player. And most of all, this player loads up very quick.
However, there are certainly some features that this player needs improvement on. The first part is frame capture, since it can only capture and save that screenshot as bitmap format (.bmp). Secondly, the aesthetics of the player are quite distasteful along with the fact that there are very few skins available to cover this loss. Whereas some might see this as a boon or a benefit, every single key on the keyboard has a function.
Media Player Classic (MPC)
Type: Freeware, Open Source
The most basic, yet reliable media player for those who prefer old school windows or retro applications. It does just about everything that zoom player can do with the exception of the media center feature. Also, MPC allows the user to customize the number screenshots for the whole movie/episode and the output format. Another benefit of this player is that it is very small and can act as a standalone player.
As of now, I have not found any complaints for this fine player.
This is one of the best players I have encountered as of now. There are plenty of skins to replace the default one. Also, this player has numerous features that I cannot list at the moment. Nonetheless, its long list of supported formats along with ease of use and eyecandy has certainly made this player a very nice alternative to the regular Windows Media Player (WMP).
For those who still like the WMP look, there is a skin that looks exactly like WMP for KMPlayer.
Additional information: http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141
**Attention** – The players listed above can be portable as well.
Topics not discussed in this article for lack of focus:
For those who still like the Divx Player interface but do not like the bloat associated with it, one can use Gom Player or BSPlayer.VLC is still the swiss army knife of video playback but not discussed here due to almost everyone knowing its existence and capability. Also, this player tends to hog memory like no other and has a lot more features that a typical user would not need on a daily basis.
All credit goes to source. I take no credit, simply recreating the experience here to save you guys trouble.
Well its been only a day since the Mac OSX Leopard was released officially by Apple and the hackers have managed to create a patched DVD that everyone like you and me can use to install Leopard on PC’s without having to buy a Mac. Please note the tutorial that I am going to post is still experimental and things might not work the right way simply because it is still early days in hacking Leopard to work on PC’s. Well if you don’t mind your PC getting screwed then go ahead and try out this tutorial.
Make sure you backup all important data before you proceed. Here are the things that you will need before Install Leopard on your PC…
- The Patched DVD Image
- The zip file containing the patch
- One pen drive or USB Flash Drive formatted as FAT32
Well once you have all these you can go ahead and Install Leopard..
Step 1. Getting things ready
- Burn the DVD Image onto a Single Layer DVD-R using a software like Nero.
- Format the USB Flash Drive and the drive label should be “Patcher” without the quotes. Please note it has to be “Patcher” only and nothing else for the patch to work when we apply it later.
- Extract the Zip file and put its contents into the USB Flash Drive.
- Now your USB Drive should contain a folder called “files”, if it doesn’t then check to see where you have gone wrong.
Step 2. Installing Leopard
- Now that you have the Patched DVD with you, you can now install Leopard. Pop in the DVD into the drive and boot into it by pressing F12 at the BIOS Prompt.
- Boot into the DVD and the installer should now load. It take a while though, so be patient.
- Select your Language and make sure you select Customize and you need to deselect all the packages that are displayed.
- Leopard will now install. This can take a while, so go grab yourself a coffee.
- It will ask you to Reboot, so go ahead and Reboot. Before rebooting make sure that USB Flash Drive is connected to the PC.
Step 3. Patching Leopard
- Now that you have got Leopard installed, you need to patch it. Before we do that Boot into the Leopard DVD like the way you did before.
- Wait for the Darwin Bootloader to load. Once it loads up press F8. You should now see a prompt. Type -s and hit enter. The DVD will now load in Verbose mode. Watch for any errors. It should load without a problem because you have already installed Leopard.
- Once the setup is loaded select your Language. Once done you should now be seeing the Welcome Screen. Once there navigate to Utilities-Terminal.
- Once the terminal loads up, you now need to browse to your USB Drive, so follow the steps below, typing it exactly as it appears below in the Terminal. In the command line type the following as they appear here
Notice the space between cd and the 2 dots.
- Now its the time to run the patcher to make sure Leopard will work on your PC. Type the following into the Terminal. ./9a581PostPatch.sh
- The Patch should now run. You can answer Yes while removing the ACPUPowerManagement.kext
- After the Script is done, you should now be able to Boot into Leopard after you restart.
Step 4. Congratulations! You’ve done the Impossible!
Well that was it. Please note this has not been extensively tested, so most of your Hardware like Sound, Network may not work. If something goes wrong for you or you want to help us, then please join the discussion over at OSX86Scene. If you noticed I haven’t posted the links to the Torrent that contains the DVD image and the zip. Well I haven’t posted them because I am sure the lawyers over at Apple are going to sue the hell out of me. If you wondering where you can find them, then head over to Demonoid and search for it.
Well here are few screenshots by Mac.nub over at the forums who could get Leopard working on his system.
Some Updates and Clarifications :
- This Hack works on Intel PC’s with atleast SSE3
- You need to format your Leopard Partition to HFS+
- Make Sure you install Leopard on MBR and not GUID or it won’t boot.
- More Patched DVD’s from Uphuck, Netkas is in the works so it would be better if you wait for the polished releases to come out.
I found this hilarious video on YouTube where a guy compares Vista and OS X in a battle of ideas. Its a comic untruth, but it certainly has a good point.
Have you ever been typing and wanted to type certain letters or symbols that you weren’t capable of typing with your computer? For example have you ever wanted to type a word with a Spanish accent? Or have you ever wanted to type a cents sign?
Then use AllChars! AllChars is a free program that adds a missing functionality to Windows: an easy way to make accents like é Ü ç î æ and special characters like € ƒ ² ‰ © £ ± ß ° ½ ¿ » ™.
You can use this program with ANY OTHER program. Why? AllChars hooks itself to the windows platform, then watches all keys typed. the character created depends on the program, font, and size.
To learn more about AllChars, Click Here.
Yes, the GoW PC edition was supposedly released today, so we have a special preview for you:
As cracks come out, we might even have links for you!
Are you looking for ways to clean up your computer? As you surf the Internet, you are prone to downloading Trojans, viruses, adverts, cookies, and just a bunch of other random Internet junk. Spybot helps clean your computer of spam, well at least most of it. This is what the website has to say for itself:
Spybot – Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behavior to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven’t intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been “hijacked” (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don’t see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there’s no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.
The best part about this program it is easy to use, uses minimal system resources, and its free! What more can you ask for? Check it out here.