9-11-11: Initial release.
9-11-14: Fixed pictures.
11-21-12: Fixed video link.
You are here because you want to learn how to use LAN online. Maybe you are using Tunngle, maybe its Hamachi, or something else. Whatever the case may be, this is how you do it.
Note: Get latest files from tunngle wiki!
Tunngle wiki here.
- Install tunngle. Get it at tunngle.net, download the latest version, make an account, register, and then login to tunngle. You want to then use the search bar in the top left hand corner, and type in “Dead Island”. From there you will see a list of rooms like the picture below:
- Now what you need to do is to get a copy of smart steam. Download and install Steam Client from steampowered.com.
- Download SmartSteamand extract it into your Steam folder. It will look like my screenshot below:
- Now download and install Update #3. Extract to Dead Island install folder. It will look like my screenshot below:
- Now run Smart Steam. Make sure to add Dead Island as a non-steam game.
- Run Dead Island game while inside one of the Tunngle rooms. You can set Internet mode to Coop or Internet in the game options.
- Make sure to play through Prologue first. Afterwards, press escape. You will see “Game Lobby”. See screenshot below:
- If all is well, you will see people hosting game like this:
- Join any game and have fun!
2-19-11: Initial release.
Hey all, I was just browsing around online and my friend sent me a link to an article that shows how to play the leaked Crysis 2 online with your other friends. In this particular example, he is using Tunngle but you can easily use any other VPN program if you desire.
Please note that I do not condone piracy, and that I don’ have the leaked copy of Crysis 2 as I am waiting for the real game. For those that cannot wait, do as you wish. See the link below for the tutorial.
9-26-09: Initial release
1-1-10: Added more hints. Removed youtube video until I upload the new one.
4-8-11: Added dropbox link. Added video tutorial!
11-25-12: Rewrote the whole guide, added new video link. All discussion about Chinese program is removed
When I initially wrote this blog post, I had a tutorial referencing a Chinese program that allowed you to play 1vs1. The problem with that program was that it was not stable, and it wouldn’t work right all the time.
Since 2009, I have found a GFWL keygen file that allows you to take various GFWL games and play them online. Rather than go through all the steps, everything that you need to know is at the Pastebin link below, and I have also pasted my youtube video as well. Enjoy!
Revisions: 9-18-09: Initial release. 3-24-10: Fixed video link. 12-4-10: Fixed intro picture. 10-31-12: Fixed video tutorial link. 4-30-13: Fixed video link.
Foreword: This is simply a guide to show users how to get this game working and running online with the LAN play without hassle. This is not meant to encourage or facilitate piracy. This is merely a guide to help gamers like yourself play this fantastic game online. ~ Versatile
The “Need for Speed” series is an excellent racing series, and the Underground series really takes it up a notch. This guide will show you how to play Need for Speed Underground 2 online using Tunngle. However, the same methods will work with Hamachi so I will write the instructions for both below. I have written this because the guides existing on the Internet is sort of lousy, so I decided to make my own.
How to Play Online [Using Tunngle or Hamachi]
1) Update game to latest version. Go to www.filefront.com for the official patches. 2) Go to the need for speed folder and edit server.cfg with notepad. The contents will look like mine below:
# # The server sends a ping message to the client every PINGTIME seconds # and the client is expected to respond within PINGWAIT seconds or # the server considers the connection to be dead and the client is # logged out. # PINGTIME=20 PINGWAIT=30 # # A client can only be idle for TIMEIDLE minutes before it is # automatically logged out. Even if a client is not idle it can # only be connected for a maximum of TIMEMAXM minutes. # Either/Both values can be set to 0 to mean that the server will # not timeout the client. # TIMEIDLE=0 TIMEMAXM=0 # # Limits how many times per second the LAN server will service requests. # Lowering this number will increase game performance for slower computers # at the expense of sluggish response time from the server. Valid range is # 1-1000. # LAN_THROTTLE=30 ##———————————————————————— ## DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BELOW HERE ##———————————————————————— ACCOUNT=1 MASTER=1 SLAVE=1 REDIR=1 # # This line allows the server to determine on what interface to listen for # connections. It can be any publicly routable IP address (this is the case # even if the host is on a LAN that is isolated from the Internet). There is # no communication attempted with the IP address listed here. # ADDR=%%bind(“22.214.171.124”)
3) Now put a # sign in front of the last line so it looks like this:
4) Save the file and start the game! Host the game in hamachi or tunngle, and your friends will see it!