TVDenimChap sent me an awesome article talking about the prospects of wireless electricity. Imagine that, no more need for power surges or cables. The electricity comes wireless to your gadget and that is it. Here is a brief demonstration of how it works below:
1) Power from mains to antenna, which is made of copper
2) Antenna resonates at a frequency of 6.4MHz, emitting electromagnetic waves
3) ‘Tails’ of energy from antenna ‘tunnel’ up to 5m (16.4ft)
4) Electricity picked up by laptop’s antenna, which must also be resonating at 6.4MHz. Energy used to re-charge device
5) Energy not transferred to laptop re-absorbed by source antenna. People/other objects not affected as not resonating at 6.4MHz
Read more about this fantastic find at this link below.